One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the planning stages of a custom figure and I've bought a Dragon nude figure that has rubber arms but the plastic hands are attached solidly on the end of the arm. Can they be removed ? How do they attach? I'd like to put some new gloved hands on it if possible.

Any help , suggestions etc , will be gratefully accepted !

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
On that body, you should be very careful as to not break the rubber binding the hands to the arm, because that is essentially all there is. Once broken off, you could repair and add new hands, but thats not advisable since it ruins the seamless joint. --Unless you wanted to, but I don't know what entails fixing it. Underneath there might be one of their paddle hands and in that case a peg for it, but you'd need to slice the hands off cleanly. If done right, and this is all hypothetical, you could reasonably add gloved hands and still retain the seamless look. o_O Don't mind me, I'm just rambling from sleep deprivation now.

If you wanted to, slicing the space between the fingers and thinning them down a bit would give you some room to add cloth gloves. Sorry I can't give you better answers about swapping out for other molded hands and gloves.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
At least on the Russle Crow "nam" guy that Dragon released many moons ago, the hands dont have posts, they are actually attached to the very rigid wire that gives the arms their bendy shape. If you need to remove them, have a very sharp pair of wire cutters handy as the wire inside is NOT an easy snip.

I had that first Russel Crowe 'nam figure and within about a year, the plastic on the hard hands had dried out and cracked, all the fingers fell off. I had no choice but to hack off the broken hands at the wrist. Since there is nothing but soft "flesh" at the wrist and only the harder "forearm wire" inside the arm, I opted to crazy-glue some standard dragon hands to the wrist "flesh". Covered up the seam with a watch and a wristband.

It turned out ok, and there is even "some" wrist articulation because the soft flesh of the wrist can twist and rotate a bit without tearing it, so its fine for...say..adjusting the way a rifle is being held, etc.

I'm sure a more talented person would ahve found a way to attach a new peg to the armature in the forarm and then have a standard interchangable wrist, but that guy ain't me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.