One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
BBICN ONLINE
4,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all,

"You must be truly desperate to come to me for help." A new powerful enemy has appeared to destroy the nine realms, and Thor is forced to seek assistance from Loki in order to save us all in the Thor: The Dark World, but can the God of Mischief be truly trusted?

Regardless of which side Loki is on, he has been extremely popular with fans of the Marvel Universe! Even Mr. Tom Hiddleston himself was very happy to see Hot Toys' The Avengers: 1/6th scale Loki Collectible Figure which was released last year.

To continue the popularity of everyone's favorite trickster, Hot Toys is excited to present the new 1/6th scale Loki Collectible Figure from Thor: The Dark World. The movie-accurate collectible is specially crafted based on the image of Tom Hiddleston as Loki in the movie, featuring the newly developed head sculpt, highly-detailed costume, weapon and accessories.

Please kindly find the attached photos and spec below for your reference.

Hot Toys - MMS231 - Thor: The Dark World: 1/6th scale Loki Collectible Figure Specification

~ Movie Masterpiece Series ~
The 1/6th scale Loki Collectible Figure specially features:

- Authentic and detailed fully realized likeness of Tom Hiddleston as Loki in Thor: The Dark World

- Movie-accurate facial expression with detailed wrinkles and skin texture

- Black hair sculpture

- Body with over 30 points of articulations

- Approximately 32 cm tall

- Six (6) pieces of interchangeable palms including:

- One (1) pair of partially clenched palms

- One (1) pair of relaxed palms

- One (1) right palm for holding dagger

- One (1) left open palm

- Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted

Costume:

- One (1) black long vest with leather-like materials and bronze-colored armor

- One (1) long-sleeve leather-like black and green long coat with bronze-colored armor and strap

- One (1) leather-like pants with patterns

- One (1) pair of black boots

Weapon:

- One (1) dagger

Accessories:

- One (1) pair of handcuffs with chains

- One (1) pair of legcuffs with chains

- One (1) neck collar with chains

- Figure stand with Loki nameplate and the movie logo

Special Edition - Bonus Accessory (for selected markets only):

- One (1) 1/6th scale Aether

Artists:
- Head Sculpted by Yulli

- Head Painted by JC. Hong

- Head Art Directed by JC. Hong

Release date: Q2-Q3, 2014

**Collectible Figure - Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different
**Aether - Prototype shown is not final, pending licensor approval

**Product details could be subjected to change without further notice

TM & © 2014 Marvel & Subs.

© 2014 Hot Toys Limited. All Rights Reserved.Best Regards,

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
I think figures should be revisited if they make substantial improvements or upgrades but this has none. I'd rather resources went towards an Asgardian soldier or Odin with Ravens and dress helmet. Bor and Heimdall would also be welcome.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
It doesn't look like Hiddleston... Not digging it. HT may have dropped the ball here on the likeness. Nice costume but very sparse accessory (for the price, I assume). An easy pass for me.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Ouch, after the picture perfect face sculpt on the first one, this one looks totally off.
Agreed, it's kinda hard to top the first one when the bar was set so high in the Avengers version.

I read between the lines during all the hullabaloo of the first "Thor" version of Loki, and was under the impression that version was shelved because Hiddleston was holding up the likeness approval. But if he approved this, he must not have been very picky.

·
Registered
5,667 Posts
Agreed, it's kinda hard to top the first one when the bar was set so high in the Avengers version.

I read between the lines during all the hullabaloo of the first "Thor" version of Loki, and was under the impression that version was shelved because Hiddleston was holding up the likeness approval. But if he approved this, he must not have been very picky.
I think Avengers buzz was coming quickly enough that they simply adjusted the original Loki from Thor brand to the Avengers brand, which wouldn't have applied to Odin but made sense for Loki. Differences between Thor Loki and Avengers Loki would have been minimal, and HT didn't justify two Lokis, which is ironic now - but Hiddleston's success explains it.

I'm not feeling this new Loki as anything except Second Chance (and probably Second Choice) for them as missed the first. Sculpt is just as natural looking or more so, but the resemblance to Hiddleston seems much less. Nice outfit but not dramatically different. I don't foresee a lot of Detolfs getting stacked with multiple versions of Loki as people do for different Iron Man armors. Plus, the first one had that cool helmet, whereas this has no accessory of novel interest (not those chains so much).

·
Registered
522 Posts
I see Tom Hiddleston in there but also Robert Carlyle, Sam Neil and Christopher Eccleston. That's not a good thing. The head sculpt will almost inevitably improve from this but I'm also reminded of the fact that the last Loki sculpt looked better in preview pics but then suffered a bit after production. Perhaps anything can happen between now and then.

This is an easy pass. It's far too expensive and looks to be mostly the same as the Avengers Loki but with less stuff. The lack of cape, helmet and staff just leave this feeling less than "godly".

I really wish we got that canceled Thor Loki. I liked certain things about his costume in that film and it was the first appearance of the character which seemed worth respecting. Having a nice round trinity of Thor, Odin and Loki would have been a nice collection too. So much has changed in 2 years and both Loki and Hiddleston are much more popular so this is a no-brainer for HT, but for less accessories, a poor sculpt and a far too highly unjustified price this is certainly worth getting.

·
Registered
445 Posts
They'll most likely fix before release. Yes, first Loki was originally a Thor 1 fig, but Avengers came out before it was released so they rejigged & put it in that line. Think a lot of people missed out on first chance so this new one gives them a chance to catch up. But with Winter Soldier, Guardians, etc coming, I am assuming we'll have many more HT Marvel figures this year into next (and then Antman, Avengers 2, etc, etc) plus who knows what else we might see from Iron Man 3 and Thor 2 - would be surprised if there's no Thor 2 bad guy. It's getting crazy to keep up with just the marvel stuff!

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Weak Release.......hard to top the first Loki however, looks like the film isn't giving Hot Toys much to work with besides a refined outfit and some additional shackles?? No helmet...no cape......again, it's probably the film but......if I had to choose, I'd be eBaying the first version.

·
1:6 film/scifi/historical
11,540 Posts
Some sort of illusion version would have been better imo.

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts
I reckon I'm not sophisticated enough, or something, but I'm not seeing a problem with the sculpt. It looks like the man to me. And, this looks to be another exemplary specimen from Hot Toys.

The big question in my small brain is "why another Loki?" There is so many other characters to choose from and HT goes and designs another of what many already have.

That's crap. Par for the course, though.

·
Registered
5,667 Posts
I reckon I'm not sophisticated enough, or something, but I'm not seeing a problem with the sculpt. It looks like the man to me. And, this looks to be another exemplary specimen from Hot Toys.
If Tom Hiddleston threw eggs at my house, and I showed the police this headsculpt, the police would not arrest Tom Hiddleston. :wink

·
Registered
5,667 Posts
By the way, purely on price points, isn't this one listed at about $20 or $30 more than Loki 1 cost only 9 months ago -- though Loki 1 had more stuff (cloak, helmet, staff)?

We talk about HT prices inflating, but usually we can't to refer to a direct one-on-one same item comparison, with such a short time lapse. That's way beyond "cost of living increase," isn't it?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.