One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These things belong in a museum, the details are just astounding!

Hot Toys x How2work - MMS 60 - THE WARLORDS
- 12 inches JIANG WU- YANG collectible figure (Special version)

Hot Toys & How2work are proud to present the WARLORDS collectible figurine series together:
MMS 60 - THE WARLORDS - 12 inches JIANG WU- YANG collectible figure (Special version)

This collectible figurine stands approximately 30 cm tall with over 22 point of articulation featuring in Qing Dynasty trooper armor and costume with ancient knives and sheaths etc accessories. Each figurine comes with the Warlords logo display base. Authentic TAKESHI KANESHIRO likeness.

{Release date: JAN, 2008}

About the movie
"THE WARLORDS", is a China - Hong Kong movie, a war epic based on a Qing Dynasty, releases in Asia in mid-December and in North America from March 2008, Directed by Peter Chan Ho-Sun, casting JET LI , TAKESHI KANESHIRO and ANDY LAU. Please find the movie official website in ENGLISH from this URL: http://www.warlordsthemovie.com/en/index.htm

About How2Work
Established in 2001, How2work has always been positioned as a prominent player in the licensing and toys and collectible production industry.
http://www.how2worktoys.com/

About the Warlords -collectible figure project
l Costume development & production by How 2 Work
l Armor and accessories development & production by Hot Toys Limited
l Head sculpture by Hot Toys Limited
n Painted by J C HONG
n Sculptured by Yulli

·
Welcome to my Life....
1,081 Posts
That is awesome, head to toe it rocks.

·
Divine Intervention!
3,026 Posts
mgbb said:
Between the 2 versions, I like this one better. I always know Chinese character "Bravery" on the chest but never know the character is "Mountain" at the back. Interesting!
Yup, consider this SOLD! I really like this special edition. Me too doesn't know there should have a "Mountain" character behind.
Well now I just need to wait for the Jet Li character figure to be announce. Hope it'll be in full general outfit regalia.
HT has gone one up with this. Superb

·
12" nightmare
1,422 Posts
Ah come on man. I was worried when they announced the license but relieved when the first two weren't in battle dress. And now they pull this? Thanks Hot Toys, yet another purchase added to the list. Grmbl...

·
Registered
466 Posts
Porkins73 said:
Yup, consider this SOLD! I really like this special edition. Me too doesn't know there should have a "Mountain" character behind.
Well now I just need to wait for the Jet Li character figure to be announce. Hope it'll be in full general outfit regalia.
HT has gone one up with this. Superb
There won't be a Jet Li fig as likeness license is with Enterbay.
For the time being just marvel at this figure that won't get release.IMO the figure is not as nice as the others.

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
Dang, off hand I don't remember what the EB Jet Li sculpt looks like, but I wasn't all that wowed by it. This HT sculpt on the other hand captures it really well, even down to the pockmarks on his skin.
The mustache kind of throws it off for me though, the Jet Li I know is usually clean shaven [haven't seen the movie yet]. Heh I like the idea of releasing it as a generic Warlords chara, and then the Jet Sculpt later as a military figure.
Probably a SEAL, they like SEALs. :p

·
Collector
164 Posts
Juz pre-ordered a piece...I think its an excellent figure! Always wanted an ancient chinese soldier! love the hat with the feather..keke

Also, I am waiting for Hot toys to produce the other 2 characters in their battle uniforms...fingers crossed!

·
Collector
164 Posts
This soldier is finally here!!!!!!!!

He is sooooooooo awesome man!!! Guess what? He comes with a sabre as well!!!

Here are some pics to whet your appetite! but I do apologise for poor quality as they are taken from a camera handphone.

Enjoy the in-box pics!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts