One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Fellas,

I've never purchased 1/6 scale figures before, mainly because of cost, spacing issues and also because with all of the intricate parts/joints/accessories and so forth, I heard that the parts can be very brittle.

Up until now, I've only collected 1/6 scale weapons like pistols, rifles, etc. This has gotten me to reconsider abstaining from buying 1/6 scale is this figure here:
www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/fron...e-plissken-sixth-scale-figure-new-photos.html

I just wanted to gauge some opinions here of anyone whose owned Sideshow 1/6 scale figures. Generally speaking, how sturdy is the build quality and joints compared to another company like HT or Enterbay? Any clear winner in this category?

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Well highend sixth scale figures are not meant for rough play, there really just to pose and display so it all depends on your plans for you figure. If you want to take it out in the backyard and for hours of play then I would say its a bad idea, but if you plan to put it on your shelf in iconic movie poses then go for it.

I for one can wait for the Snake Plissken figure to come out looks like its going to be one of sideshows finest works to date, it also has a all new body so no one can say for sure how it will hold up, but I'm sure it should fare well to common re-posing.

One word of caution though, you might find that once you start you may now be able to stop collecting them:dizzy

·
OSW Admin staff
5,758 Posts
I heard that the parts can be very brittle.
Ok, first off who did you hear this from?

Second...if you only collect 1/6 scale weapons, you are already been collecting the stuff that breaks the most (or most fiddly stuff) within this hobby.

Moving on to a complete figure should not be a problem.

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,972 Posts
GOLLY!

1. Get away while you can. Once you enter the hobby/world of 1:6, you'll be sucked in and spending a lot of $. You may even start to question your logic, mind, rationale, etc. because of the hobby. Your priorities with regards to 1:1 life could change. It's not too late to turn around and leave. If you proceed, you do so at your own volition.

2. You ask about durability. Are you planning on articulating & posing the hell out of the figure and applying blunt force to it?

3. I don't own an Enterbay figure so I can't say. Sideshow > Hot Toys in terms of durability, but then again considering how intertwined Sideshow & Hot Toys are with one another, the bodies could all be the same with regards to durability.

If you got more questions, then post away. Don't forget to take some initiative and peruse through the forum and do searches. You'll be surprised at what you find. If you have a very short attention span, then I recommend taking notes and saving them for future reference.

Welcome aboard.

OH . . .

It's still not too late turn around.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, first off who did you hear this from?

Second...if you only collect 1/6 scale weapons, you are already been collecting the stuff that breaks the most (or most fiddly stuff) within this hobby.

Moving on to a complete figure should not be a problem.
Well, I've done some reading on several forums, about joints on enterbay and hot toys figures breaking with just minor posing. I'm not talking about throwing the figures against a wall, just making sure the joints are fairly well made for posing is all.

·
OSW Admin staff
5,758 Posts
Not sure which forums or how recently those posts might have been but Hot Toys bodies are the top which is why everyone wants to copy them.

They did have a leg joint issue some years ago, but in this hobby, a year is ancient history, and by all accounts have fix it, and you are only talking about one body in this hobby...

Have a read though this to get a better idea of what is out there and how they stack up.

http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/for...ign-itpt-si-ss-sst-tc-ts-trd-zcwo-bodies.html

But remember the body is only part of a complete figure...there is more too it then just that...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not sure which forums or how recently those posts might have been but Hot Toys bodies are the top which is why everyone wants to copy them.

They did have a leg joint issue some years ago, but in this hobby, a year is ancient history, and by all accounts have fix it, and you are only talking about one body in this hobby...

Have a read though this to get a better idea of what is out there and how they stack up.

http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/for...ign-itpt-si-ss-sst-tc-ts-trd-zcwo-bodies.html

But remember the body is only part of a complete figure...there is more too it then just that...
Thanks for the resource - evidently I have much to learn!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.