One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1/6 Action Figures such as: Hot Toys, Art Figures, Enterbay, EdStar, Toys Dao, Dragon Models, etc.
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Warning ⚠ - Long detailed description of Movie and the Figure

"The Wolverine 2013" :

Actors:

Stars - Hugh Jackman as (The Wolverine), Tao Okamoto as (Mariko Yashida), Rila Fukushima as (Yukio) Hiroyuki Sanada as (Shingen Yashida)

Description:

"Lured to a Japan he hasn't seen since World War II, century-old mutant Wolverine (Hugh Jackman) finds himself in a shadowy realm of yakuza and samurai. Wolverine is pushed to his physical and emotional brink when he is forced to go on the run with a powerful industrialist's daughter (Tao Okamoto) and is confronted -- for the first time -- with the prospect of death. As he struggles to rediscover the hero within himself, he must grapple with powerful foes and the ghosts of his own haunted past".

Hot Toys - (The Wolverine):

I am proud to reveal my Hot Toys MMS 220 movie masterpiece: (The Wolverine).

This is my first and only Hot Toys 1/6 scale figure (More to come for sure). I brought him a some years ago, he instantly became my favorite figure ever. The work and attention to detail on this figure is top notch even for a Hot Toys older model.

His metal claws are indeed die-cast metal. Quite sharp and sturdy (I actually managed to stab my hand with one trying to replace his hand, so be careful if you get him.)

Also his Katana is sheen die-cast as well. You probably could already tell based of the light refraction of his blade. And his clothes are well tailored...well at least for the plastic truetype body it came with.

The Phicen m34 body on the other hand makes it look more like hulk busting out his clothes, but man it is worth it! This body is the REAl Wolverine/Hugh Jackman body. He is ripped! Both in the movie and here.

And another thing the Phicen Body goes so good with Wolverine is because you can pay attention to the biggest detail...which is the stainless steel skeleton within the body!

Sorry for such a long read, but thanks for reading at all.

I hope you enjoy!

·
Registered
224 Posts
I like the new body, really looks the part! But, um, that fly is, uh...:eek::giggle:

Anyway you can stitch it closed? Or, I'm sure there are available black pants you can buy loose that'll fit better. They seem pretty generic so shouldn't be too hard to find, no?

·
Registered
1/6 Action Figures such as: Hot Toys, Art Figures, Enterbay, EdStar, Toys Dao, Dragon Models, etc.
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like the new body, really looks the part! But, um, that fly is, uh...:eek::giggle:

Anyway you can stitch it closed? Or, I'm sure there are available black pants you can buy loose that'll fit better. They seem pretty generic so shouldn't be too hard to find, no?
Thank you. And yeah the body is overwhelming on the clothes. I can't stich it close because its too bulky in that area and the middle of the torso. I tried, and failed lls.

And for the pants, they are actually much more high quality then they seem. They have been through alot of undressing, and movement but have not ripped once. They are really high quality slacks both on durability, and fit. They actually fit like real dress pants.

I tried to put on his second outfit (White Tank top, ,brown khakis, and brown boots). And he ripped the pants not because they were cheap, but because his crotch (no joke) is so bulbous.

Ps: How do you get that extra description on your post?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Well, they may be top quality, but they clearly don't fit anymore. Of course, it's your figure so if you don't mind, then obviously that's what matters. I'm just saying if it was me, I'd try to find pants that fit, but you'd probably have to try several to test them out.

What do you mean description on my post? Are you talking about my signature: Tank Girl? You just do that through the account settings.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, they may be top quality, but they clearly don't fit anymore. Of course, it's your figure so if you don't mind, then obviously that's what matters. I'm just saying if it was me, I'd try to find pants that fit, but you'd probably have to try several to test them out.

What do you mean description on my post? Are you talking about my signature: Tank Girl? You just do that through the account settings.
Oh naw you right. And sorry I didn't clarify better. I tried more types but they all mostly ripped. It was after I got the Phicen body. I couldn't find one that fitted so I waited, and eventually forgot.

I just bought him back out. So maybe now I might be able to find a outfit similar to his, but more space. And thanks yes signature I never used them that much, but it's cool like a flair. Thanks for your advice.

·
A Stickler for Accuracy
4,365 Posts
Cool figure! Not to highjack this thread, but Wolverine's my favorite Marvel character and that's my favorite Marvel Cinematic Universe film. It's the most "gritty" one in the MCU, and definitely steers away from any of the cutesy tropes that are peppered throughout the other Marvel offerings. The guy almost dies, he conducts himself with honor, and is an all around badass with (almost) a heart of gold, or adamantium, at least. Also, the character Yukio is great, and really adds to the story. That's a pairing that I would have liked to see more of. Anyway, thanks for sharing that figure. Now I need to watch the movie again!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cool figure! Not to highjack this thread, but Wolverine's my favorite Marvel character and that's my favorite Marvel Cinematic Universe film. It's the most "gritty" one in the MCU, and definitely steers away from any of the cutesy tropes that are peppered throughout the other Marvel offerings. The guy almost dies, he conducts himself with honor, and is an all around badass with (almost) a heart of gold, or adamantium, at least. Also, the character Yukio is great, and really adds to the story. That's a pairing that I would have liked to see more of. Anyway, thanks for sharing that figure. Now I need to watch the movie again!
Wow, this warms my heart friend. Because Wolverine has always been my most looked up to hero growing up, (and still.) Even more then Spider Man.

The reason why is because Wolverine is just so cool, honorable as you stated, and heroic. But not the typical cookie cutter heroic, but actually flawed as in he hates his powers. He hates what he is. But he still uses his abilities for good. And he may heal, but it hurts him. And Hugh Jackman just paid the ultimate respect to his character. And made him even more popular. And for that, I am so glad. Both badasses in there own right.

I am happy that you really liked this. Thank you so much. I loved the movie, like you said he actually had to deal with the prospect of actually dying. Which is so unique for him. And I actually felt afraid for him at points. When a movie makes you feel that...you know it's good. The attention to detail in The Wolverine was very well appreciated.

I'm so glad I got see it in the movie theaters. Movies like that are too big for your tv screen, if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Me too. The Wolverine was a masterpiece.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The perfect body to use for topless kitbashes.
Yes it is. The weight of this body alone is crazy. It really feels exactly like a 1/6 buffed human body should feel like.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just looking at this figure again reminds me of how fast the Toys Era Sabertooth sold out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts