One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have another Hot Toys review up tonight, but unfortunately, I found this one disappointing on several fronts. It's the Crow figure, and while there's no doubt the head sculpt and paint are the usual HT quality, the rest of the figure isn't up to their usual level.

Please don't forget to vote in the People's Picks, and see how close your choices come out to match the judges for the Poppies. Voting will be only open til February 2nd. You can find the review and the ballot at the usual:

http://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael
MWC

·
1:6 film/scifi/historical
11,540 Posts
Cheers for the review! I'd love to get that HS loose for my custom, the flying crow on the stand would look a darn sight better than the Playmobile one mine's stuck with for now!:lol The weather vane's nice but reproducible, the boots look like they could almost be black recasts of HT's Whiplash. The string for the ring looks terrible and the clothing looks worse than my custom's which is made up of DID/SS leather trousers, a butchered blk LS T-shirt, Dragon leather coat and black electrical tape with string!:wink I also used real leather boots. I have one of the really nice 1/6 blk Fender guitars that you mentioned for him too. This set could really have done with the pawn shop owner's shotgun full of rings but I respect the decision due to the controversy surrounding Brandon's death with a fire arm. The broken window was a nice touch but way too small. I might make a proper 1/6 one for my figure as a dio, cheers for the idea!:applause

·
1:6 film/scifi/historical
11,540 Posts
Just spent the last few hours checking out all the contenders for the Poppies, the statue section was the hardest for me which is wierd as I don't even collect statues (except my Vader PF) but the brilliant quality SSC are putting out makes it hard to choose!:dizzy

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts
Thanks for the review, sir.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep, handling this one, it just seemed like something from bbi or triad, not Hot Toys. Weird.

Thanks for voting too - it' always interesting to see how the Poppies match up (or don't) with the People's Picks.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Can't be Triad, Mike....they'd have to release something more than once every Leap Year to be reviewed, and since it didn't fall apart in your hands...... ;)

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,918 Posts
Can't be Triad, Mike....they'd have to release something more than once every Leap Year to be reviewed, and since it didn't fall apart in your hands...... ;)
--

Triad Toys does not deserved to be nominated in any capacity.

·
Registered
412 Posts
This will be a love it or hate it figure. I hope I'll like it when it gets here cause I'm a fan of the movie and some of the pictures are absolutely incredible

Rory over on SSF has already started modifying the body

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,918 Posts
I'm looking forward to mine as well.

A very cult & iconic film from that period.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts