2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
IMPERIAL TROOPS HAVE ENTERED THE BASE.
IMPERIAL TROOPS HAVE ENT###########
#############################
#############################
AND THEY ARE PERFECT.
PERFECT IN EVERY WAY.

I have loved this iteration of the stormtrooper ever since I had to pick which few of Kenner's 3.75" action figures I would request from my grandparents in my childhood. Of course, since then we have seen a better (more accurate and more articulated) 3.75" version by Hasbro, and a fine 12" version by Sideshow. But when I saw the preorder photos for this Hot Toys version, it looked perfect. Still, the tortuously long preorder period deterred me from jumping on it immediately, until one of my usual sellers sold out on preorders. So I scrambled and bought the two snowtrooper set from another source. Technically this is the Battlefront version (Hot Toys VGM 25), but the only difference between these snowtroopers and the regular ESB ones appears to be in the extra accessories supplied for the Battlefront ones. And everything looks just as perfect as it did in the prototype images supplied with the preorder/order info. I don't know if I am going to be doing an actual review of the product, but rest assured that it is superb (and, I think, superior to any version of this type of trooper ever produced before). Hence the quote from Mad Max: Fury Road above.

I noticed Big Bad Toy Store still has at least one version of this product in stock, and a preorder for a Sideshow Snowtrooper Commander was just announced. Despite the difference in companies, it looks like it would go very well with the Hot Toys snowtroopers.

Here are just a couple of photos:

·
SPQR
837 Posts
Love the Snowtroopers,still remember seeing them the very first time back in 1980 on the Big Screen.Congrats on getting these two mate.

·
1:6 collector
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, glad you like them as I do.
Efbee - still my favorites... now I have to keep from getting too many...
Paul - you are right in so many ways (space, money, priorities), and yet so wrong: one can never have too many imperial troopers.
Pickle Munkey - the 6" ones were pretty decent, I got a couple of those myself. Just for you:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts