One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
1:6 collector
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am happy to announce the appearance of my detailed review of Hot Toys' Star Wars Snowtroopers (the two-pack, but covering all variations of the action figures), brought to you courtesy of Michael Crawford/Captain Toy.

You can find the review at THIS LINK, and here are 6 extra photos that didn't make it into the review, because the working flexible stand and the Sideshow E-WEB heavy repeating blaster had not yet arrived when I wrote and submitted it. Perhaps it is better this way, since I can post larger images here.

Hope you like them.

First, 3 of the snowtrooper flying with the jetpack, then 3 of the snowtroopers with the E-WEB heavy repeating blaster.

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
Great review,

Interesting how HT have chosen to include options from a video game as well as a movie in the same pack. Usually it's one or other, unless that's how they're sold outside of the 2 pack, which would make sense I suppose.

CHEERS!

·
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, rogerbee!
Although it was all in the review, perhaps I did not highlight this enough--as you say, they have both the classic film look and the Battlefront video game looks covered by the two-pack (or rather, you could outfit both figures in accordance with the way they appeared in the movie, but you could outfit one figure with the jet pack and the smart rocket from the video game). The regular movie-based single-figure release (MMS397) covers, as one might expect, only the film appearance. The Battlefront single-figure release (VGM24) actually allows you to kit out the figure either as seen in the film or with the jet pack and the smart rocket from the video game--except that here you only get the bendable flight action stand. What is absolutely exclusive to the two-pack I reviewed is the long DTL-20A blaster rifle. I don't think this was actually seen with the Snowtroopers in the film (and I wouldn't really know about the video game), but it was a nice nod to the old Kenner 3.75" action figure release.
Cheers!

·
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just noticed that the Battlefront single-figure release (VGM24) that I have is actually labeled Deluxe -- I don't know whether that applies to all VGM24 figures or only to some of them, but it might explain why that figure, too, can be kitted out to be either movie- or video game-accurate.
Cheers!

·
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you, Ephiane.
Funny you should ask... when I was putting the scene together, I was reminded of these commercials from the 1990s, which had as part of the jingle or slogan "Taste the Rockies -- Coors Light" (and, more annoyingly I can't find a clip of the right commercial on youtube). So I just assumed that's what they were working with, snowy mountain and all. In actual terms, the light-colored bottles are Corona Extra, while I can't read the tiny label on the dark-colored bottle. It does seem to begin with what might be a D, so you may well be on the right track thinking of Imperial Duff. Now where are my tiny imperial emblem stickers??

·
Registered
309 Posts
These look great and thanks for linking to your great review of these figures too. They seem very nicely done, although I am really not keen on the battlefront bits, it would have to be the movie look all the way for me I think.

I too love the inclusion of the long blaster rifle as a nod to the original 3.75" figures. I just collected a set of the Hasbro Black series 40th anniversary 6" figures which are an Homage to the original 12 Kenner/Palitoy 3.75" figures.

Back to the Snow troopers, these would be the only Trooper variant from the original films I don't yet have as I have a stormtrooper, biker scout and 3 Sandtroopers.

Hmm!! I am currently holding out for the Sideshow "Dengar" release early next year, and a good condition "Greedo" at a reasonable price to complete my Bounty Hunters collection, but I may feel a purchase coming on.

Paul

·
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thank you Paul, and you are welcome! They are really great, as you can see I could not stop at one or two (long story short, I ended up with four by a very happy mistake/lapse of judgment). If you are looking to get any one or two of these new Snowtroopers, the current availability is spotty to say the least, but check out the links at the end of my review and also note that the Deluxe Version (VGM24) is also available at Cotswold Collectibles -- yes it has all the Battlefront bits, but also all the complete movie-accurate look as well (except for the long blaster rifle which wasn't in the movie anyway).
And I agree on the 6" Hasbro Snowtroopers -- picked up a couple of them awhile back. They go nicely with the 6" AT-AT driver. Just now I am submitting a guest review of Hasbro's 6" Death Squad Commander to Michael Crawford/Captain Toy, and you might be able to find it in the list of reviews in a few days.
Cheers!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts