One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
AKA "ChiliDoug"
7,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Eh, not really. I just bashed a Speed Racer figure using a Hot Toys body and head. Sorry if I got anyone's hopes up!

I grew up with Speed Racer (dating myself here) and was very excited to hear about the upcoming movie.

So here you go, hope they appeal to you.

·
Part-Time Action Hero
1,762 Posts
That figure's 1000 times cooler than that movie will probably be...

Good work (not you, Wachowskis)

·
Registered
936 Posts
:thumb
Very nice look , remember me to pilot of 80's !!
You need an byke for him
A lot of congratulations

·
A Stickler for Accuracy
4,365 Posts
Whatawonderfulfigure!Idon'tthinkthatI'veeverseenonesogood!Butbecareful,
becausethistrackisespeciallydangerouswithlot'sofdangeronthetrack!Evendrivng
theMachVitwillbeadangerousrace!Sodrivecarefullybutnotsocarefullythatyoulosetherace!

I like him!

·
Speed Thrills
3,997 Posts
Nice work my man... Grew up watching it here in LA on Chanel 52.. I Liked Racer X too. I thought him to be a little tougher character..Thanks for sharing man this takes me back to mixing Bowls of Capt Crunch after School in fornt of the TV House to myself watching Speed Racer and Giant Robot.... Oh and here's a cyber kick in the shen for making me think Hot Toys was going to do this.......

·
Who loves ya baby!
7,037 Posts
Like a trip down memory lane for me too, Capt Crunch, Speed Racer, what more does a kid need lol...Speed Racer and Spiderman cartoons were 2 of my absolute favorites....fantastics Speed bash! :thumb
-mike-

·
Registered
743 Posts
Very nice bash. I remember watching that cartoon a my Grandma'a house 20-30 years ago. You need some chim-chim and Spritle action, too!

A 1/6 speed racer seems right up Medicom's alley if you ask me, given their history of anime figures. My oldest sons and I are totally looking fwd to the movie; I think to enjoy it you have to like Speed Racer, and realize the live action flick is based on a children's cartoon...should be fun.

·
Part-Time Action Hero
1,762 Posts
theMachVitwillbeadangerousrace!Sodrivecarefullybutnotsocarefullythatyoulosetherace!

I like him!
:rolling

·
Fear is not an Option!
1,391 Posts
Great Bash! Loved the show as well. Not excited about the movie after seeing the previews but...

Thanks for posting. Again, Great bash.

·
Registered
220 Posts
hey, I was thinking of the same thing! nice bash!

you know, if you wanted to get something a little closer to the original anime, with an anime-style head, I'd suggest using Toynami's ROBOTECH RICK HUNTER Figure. You'd have to cut off the spiky hair, and it would probably only look good with the helmet on, but that figure's head might work.

Cheers and great job!!!

·
AKA "ChiliDoug"
7,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks, guys. I need to pick up that 1/6 Mach 5 for sure.

Anyway, here's the break down:

Hot Toys Head (repainted) and body and gloves (repainted,
Barbie Speed Racer outfit.

Thanks again!

·
AKA "ChiliDoug"
7,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

I like him!
:rolling I spit out my Capt. Crunch when I read this! :rolling

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
For a quick bash it's pretty damn cool. I to grew up with Speed Racer. I hope the movie isn't a heaving pile. I tried to watch a few old Speed Racer episodes for nostalgic reasons - not as cool as I remembered.

Were any of you in L.A. as kids in the 70's? If so do you remember channel 52? A Japanese language channel that had all the cool anime and live action like Kakider, Kaymen Rider, Ultra Man, Giant Robot, etc,...

·
AKA "ChiliDoug"
7,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
For a quick bash it's pretty damn cool. I to grew up with Speed Racer. I hope the movie isn't a heaving pile. I tried to watch a few old Speed Racer episodes for nostalgic reasons - not as cool as I remembered.

Were any of you in L.A. as kids in the 70's? If so do you remember channel 52? A Japanese language channel that had all the cool anime and live action like Kakider, Kaymen Rider, Ultra Man, Giant Robot, etc,...
Channel 52 was the bomb! That's where I used to watch Speed Racer, Giant Robot, Ultra Man and the 3 Stooges??? What was up with the 3 stooges being on that channel?

Then I'd beg my mom to drive me to Kunimatsuya; (sp?) the Japanese robot store in Gardena to spend my allowance.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.