One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After seeing the upcoming Hot Toys Rocky III pics, it motivated me to go back and touch up my old one a little, as well as fixing a couple loose leg joints. Just re-touched the eyes and hair a bit on my old Rocky, adding some droopiness and shape to the eyes, as well as a faint blush on the otherwise very yellow face (hard to see in this lighting though). However, the eyes sculpt just wasn't accurate enough and too small, making the eyes only look good under certain lighting and angle. My painting skill is very limited (on figures at least), but I think it improved the look a bit, as long as not looking at it too up close and see the small paint build-up. :p

P.S. On the side note, I find the glossy sheen on this particular muscle body gets rub off very easy. Didn't even notice it until now, when I was just using a little water to clean of the dusty body. Just a couple light rub with your finger can take out the sheen. So for those that have Rocky, be a bit careful when you clean him, or not clean him at all and let all the dust stick onto him LOL. Don't think my other muscle body gets dull as easy. The legs (rubber pants) however doesn't have this issue. Oh well. Guess Rocky no longer has body oil rubbed all over him. :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.