One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

Hot Toys responds to supposed problem with Appleseed figure kits

4K views 25 replies 22 participants last post by  doly 
#1 ·
OK, I've communicated with Hot Toys and basically here is their response regarding the issues originally stated in the ToysDaily.com forums and HERE in the OSW.com forums...

The original thread at ToysDaily.com (above) reads something like this:

"I bought the Appleseed Hot Toys kits from Guangzhou China, but found the body suits started to tear/peel after 30 minutes of play. I went back to the store in Guangzhou China and exchanged them for a new set of figures after the photos were taken. 3 of my friends also had this problem as well."

After having seen the forums threads on ToysDaily.com and here at OSW (yes, they're watching ;)), they followed up with the stores and distributors mentioned in the ToysDaily thread to investigate the supposed problems and return of the Appleseed figures by this forums member. Hot Toys spoke with the distributors and stores in Guangzhou China and none have reported any complaints about the Appleseed figures. Hot Toys also followed up with the staff at the stores and they said there were no complaints either.

Considering there is only one person reporting this problem and numerous others stating they have had no such problems with their Appleseed figure kits on the same forums, the initial assessment is the figures were handled inappropriately.

Hot Toys wanted me to make sure I made 3 points clear:

1) As of now, Hot Toys has received no complaints on the Appleseed kits from any customers or foreign dealers.

2) If a numbers of complaints are found and filed, Hot Toys will look into the problem and will take responsibility, arranging replacements for customers.

3) So far, this is an isolated incident with one person from ToysDaily.com complaining about it while numerous others on the same forums say they've had no problems and the figures are fine.

Hot Toys remains the professional manufacture and is investigating the issue.

I personally will be reviewing the Appleseed figures within the next few weeks and I'll be sure to post here about my own findings as soon as I can. Personally, I don't see a reason to cancel orders until the problem proves to be more than an isolated incident, especially if Hot Toys says they'll replace anyone's figure that has a problem...if one even exists...

More as I get it - thanks -

Jess

See less See more
#8 ·
Thanks for doing the homework Jess. I gotta tell ya though, after the muscle body on my Devgru 1 figure rapidly broke down with hairline cracks I've been scared to death to order anything from HT with the rubber body...especially at the premium prices their figures command. I was relieved when they released their predator figures in hard plastic...I'll gladly take a few visible joints over paying $150 plus just to watch the eventual breaking down of the rubber. Hats off to Hot Toys for their open communication: here's to hoping this problem is a non-issue.

#11 ·
Thanks for taking the bull by the horns and getting some info for us. I wasn't considering cancelling my pre-orders for the pair, in any case. I love the IP so much that even when those bodies melt into goo, I'd consider the leftovers worthy of the scratch for kitbashing purposes...

EricMc

#14 ·
Hot Toys spoke with the distributors and stores in Guangzhou China and none have reported any complaints about the Appleseed figures. Hot Toys also followed up with the staff at the stores and they said there were no complaints either.
Good work on HT part. But we all know that time and the elements are the real enemies to our beautifully expensive toys.
I think HT can move a step further by inserting a storage/handling guidelines for prevention of peeling or prolong its durability and aesthetic-ness :p

#15 ·
Porkins73 said:
Good work on HT part. But we all know that time and the elements are the real enemies to our beautifully expensive toys.
I think HT can move a step further by inserting a storage/handling guidelines for prevention of peeling or prolong its durability and aesthetic-ness :p
Lol how about issuing figure complete with an air-sealed, temperature controlled display case?:)

Alexei

#23 ·
After looking at all of my figures by Hot Toys there is no way I could believe Hot Toys was having a quality control issue over these figures. Thank goodness they stood up to the plate and are taking care of these problems.

Thanks, Jess for putting my fears to rest.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.