One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I got my second HT figure PCU Mt. OPS Sniper. Over all I like this guy a lot but, he is so damn fragile. My first HT was the Chopper Predator, he was also fragile, but I just put that down to me being ham fisted... I broke parts during assembly. Back to the PCU guy. I am being very careful with him yet still parts are breaking. I realize HT sells their sets as 1:6 model kits but damn...

My question: are HT products always this fragile?

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
I didn't have any problems with the PCU HT guy...which part broke?

For the record these are 1/6 model kids....so treat them as such, lots of tiny super-accurate parts that can break. Be prepared with superglue, needlenose pliers, tweezers, and I like those little tiny screwdrivers you can get at the .99 cent store for doing things like pushing fabric through buckles, etc, etc.

The key is to take your time.....just out of curiosity, the PCU SEAL Sniper doesn't have a whole lot of equipment at least not alot that appears breakable.....uh, what did ya crush?

·
Registered
577 Posts
I experienced the same problem as spyder with my Aliens Alien lft arm broken, however I have it return to HT and got it fix in 4 weeks time.

·
SLAYER RULES!
473 Posts
I have had the HT Accessories break and older fig did but not the stuff that
has the new bodies. :ninja

·
On the Highway of Life
1,933 Posts
My figure is fine...thank goodness...I do find that the newer HT models are a bit more fragile than the older versions. My opinion is that the new bodies are a bit less flexible and forgiving as the older versions. But HT is very good with their customer service..so hats off to them for that !!!

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
This stuff is fragile I must admit. As for being Models....There TOYS...no bones about it...Just some highly detailed toy parts. I would follow the other guys suggestion of being really carfeul and taking your time. My Alien Warrior has the loosest ankle joints ever. The socket is to big for the "ankle ball joint".
Overall...these figures look great once you get them fixed up and displayed.

One Shot out!

·
Registered
13 Posts
My alien warrior did not break during assembly (thank god), but as I recall it was impossible to put together and I was scared that it would break. One arm would not fit into joint, no matter what! I even tried lubing it slightly to try to force it, but I finally had to use an x-acto knife and shave the socket a little until the ball would pop in. Even after that though it was not easy. I had to lay it down on it's side on some padding and push on the disconnected arm with just about all the might I could safely risk to get it on. Putting these things together can be the most stressful thing ever!
His lower arm is quite loose, but it stays in as long as you don't mess with it much.
They are toys, but they are not toys for kids. With mine I generally change their pose a little every now and then, but just leave them alone for the most part. Once they are put together with no damage I don't want to take risks. Ha.
Overall with mine I have not found them to be as fragile as people say, but I guess if I tried to handle them all the time I would change my mind.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts