One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
81 - 100 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
Custom pouch all done. Still may move it back on the belt a bit and may also use some double sided tape to keep the straps close to the belt. Speaking of which I may also replace the belt with an actual leather one.

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
So for those who where asking here's a comparison between my modified mask and the original. With these mods the mask is pretty damn close to screen accurate I think. Now I just need to add the wires/tubes to the side of the mask. Here's what I did:

- The first thing I did was remold the mask in near-boiling water. I basically just pulled the cheeks apart which in turn causes the crown to lower and curve back more and the chin to be pulled in so it's not so pointy.

- I then ground down the inside of the mask with a dremel tool. Mostly shaving down the inside of the cheeks which are meant to grab onto the sides of the face.

- I then lined the mask with carpet tape as it will no longer stay on without assistance. I also don't put the mandibles on when the mask is on. They take up too much room and make even the modified mask stick out at the chin.

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
So I drove all over town... well just to a Radio Shack and a Lowes looking for wire for the undamaged helm since it lacks the wires to be accurate (even the damaged helm only has two wires instead of three). Didn't really care a lick about the light up feature but I wanted those wires. Found some 22ga wire at Radio Shack but it looked too thick and had writing on it that might have been a pain to get off.

On the way home I realized I had some leather cord with a gloss finish that might do the job. Didn't think it would look right but I gave it a shot and it works great.

The leather cord was slightly thicker than the wire on the damaged helm and I think it works better. It fits the holes prefectly, had to poke through the third hole though.

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
Okay so here's where I'm at and a rundown of changes made.

1. Helmet reshaped and carved out to correct warping and for it to fit much closer to the face.
  2. Three leather cords added to temple and one to the lower left jaw.
  3. Silver plastic strap from the chest armor to the shoulder was removed, leather strap added.
  4. Black elastic removed from biceps armor and armor attached directly to the mesh suit.
  5. Chest straps replaced with weathered leather straps, additional weathering and film accurate divot added to the buckle.
  6. Plastic belt replaced with a weathered more accurate leather belt.
  7. Plastic pouch replaced with a much more accurate suede pouch.
  8. Leather thongs around forearms weathered.
  9. Weathered leather thongs added around knees.

Also dullcoated the leather bits on the hands but forgot to number that.

Check out my flickr for a number-less version of this photo in multiple resolutions: https://flic.kr/p/3711508528

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
That looks fantastic!

In all but height you've got the perfect Predator there. If it only took 9 steps to get to this, you do sort of wonder why HT didn't just do it in the first place.

Great work

CHEERS!

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
Production houses seem to have this thing against useing real leather. It's not that expensive (in my experience no more expensive than good pleather). Maybe it's just a bitch to work with on a production level? They did use actual leather for the leather on the arms.

·
Dark Pokemon of the Sith
407 Posts
Did anyone else with the Exclusive get a helm that was narrower than the regular helmet???

I just finally put my Exclusive helm on and it was noticeably narrower in the face and cheeks than the regular one. I did manage to get it onto his face, so it probably stretched in the process.

I know Dedguy stretched his regular mask out (or was it his ex?). Maybe some masks are coming out narrow and some wide?

·
closet nerd
1,601 Posts
Courtesy of Viking Playgroung (thanks, Alexei!). As of right now this is the best and coolest Hot Toys figure I currently own. I might change my mind after I open up the IM Mark I that just arrived today, but as of now the original Predator owns even movie Iron Man IMO. Can't see how anyone can honestly say this shouldn't be regarded as one of Hot Toys' top tier movie figures.

·
closet nerd
1,601 Posts
do you cut off the rubber tube on his left arm? My HT pred has a problem at this part because the tube is accidentally torn from the lower armor. I have to fix it with plastic kit glue but it falls off sometimes i move this left elbow.
Nope the hose is still connected to the left arm. You just can't see from the angle I took the shot. My Preddy arrived with no QC issues. I'd contact HT directly to see if they'll send you a replacement part. I had issues with my HT Iron Man head sculpt and left foot, and they sent me a replacement for both. You also might want to check out this discussion on how to make your predator perfect... Making your HT Pred 1 Perfect!

81 - 100 of 102 Posts