One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
61 - 80 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
So please excuse the crappy quality to these photos. I had my camera set on ISO 800 which on my crappy camera makes for very noisy photos. I got done and opened up the RAWs and started swearing. I really did not feel like retaking all the photos so I stuck with what I had. I'm sure I'll be taking more (better) photos of thus guy. He's great.

and a comparison with Hellboy for scale.

·
Eagle Eye Joe
2,636 Posts
Ok, just a quick, non picture outa-the-box review........
I think it's the best Pred so far because:
It's lighter
Articulation is better
It's already assembled
The laser light is kick [email protected]@
Seems more durable
The neck joint is a million times better than the older Preds.

I only have 3 other Preds to compare it too: Scar, Pred 2, and Wolf Pred.

I'm very happy that I bought it and would do it again in a heart beat!

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
The jaws on yours don't look as red as the others do, that said, they should be a tad paler still than that. He should absolutely dwarf Hellboy though. His head should be at pec level with the Predator.

CHEERS!

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
Very clever!

What first looks like early CG in Predator was in fact done with clever travelling mattes. They shot background plates, then had a guy in a red Predator suit come in and do his thing and then they made travelling mattes out of the background plates and laid them over the footage of the red suit.

They will have switched to CG by now, but that was how they did it in the 80's.

CHEERS!

PS (There's a thread round here somewhere where I suggest using loo cleaner for blood, splash some on the foliage and Bob's your uncle!)

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
rogerbee: Yeah he's too short by about an inch. I don't care at all though. On the subject of the mouth color, that's something you can't really judge by photos. Reds espexially are all over the place depending on how the photo is taken.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Well I'm hoping my Pred review might be up tonight, and I do mention that the interior of the mouth is a bit of a livid red colour, it should be more of a smoked or maybe even cooked salmon colour.

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
Working on a leather pouch for the Pred since the Hot Toys one is plastic, wrong, and in the wrong place on the belt. Grabbed some screen caps from the making of featurette since it's the only place you can see it semi-clearly. I've already done one but looking at screen caps again I got it wrong so I'm doing another.

·
Good Enough Never Is
712 Posts
Tin's pic shows just how badass it looks:
is that photoshoped or can he really pose like that. it looks awesome.
No, it can't get that pose as is. He cheated on the pose. If you look at the knees, they are out of socket to allow more bend in the joint. Aside from that, it's still a great pose.

I guess nobody reposted this for me on this site, but I did a lighting swap from the regular helmet to the Exclusive.

Here's my little tutorial on the Freaks board.
Here's some pics of my Exclusive mod. I took the lighting rig out of the regular mask and put it into the Exclusive where it's supposed to be. It was so easy to do that I'm ashamed of Hot Toys for not feeling it needed it even though we were paying $5 more for it.

I'll type up the tutorial and take better pics later. I was in a hurry with these.

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
So please excuse the crappy quality to these photos. I had my camera set on ISO 800 which on my crappy camera makes for very noisy photos. I got done and opened up the RAWs and started swearing. I really did not feel like retaking all the photos so I stuck with what I had. I'm sure I'll be taking more (better) photos of thus guy. He's great.
]
Your picts are great.
He doesnt seem to suffer from big head syndrome in your picts.

Love my Pred.
Difficult to decide on a pose so Im going with the helm off and arms spread out and roaring look.

61 - 80 of 102 Posts