One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Diplomacy is Overrated
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the general opinion about the scale of this series. I know HT has had issues with scale in the past and was wondering if they got it together. I'm looking at picking up the M40 w/silencer

Thanks,
Clark

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
I have a sneaking suspicion that its a tad bigger than it should be, but the real one is pretty hefty anyway. [Dear lord is it heavy]
It's a beauty of a rifle in 1/6 as it is in 1:1, very detailed and very sturdy. I think you'll be happy with it.

Which one are you thinking of getting? [tan, green, camoed, silenced?] Some don't have bipods as 16H's above so be sure to check on that part.
Nice picture by the way, looks like you had fun!

·
Diplomacy is Overrated
796 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Between the silenced M40 and the silenced M14 which one do you guys like better?

Alexei, does the m40 that I'm looking for only come in that brown?

·
Banned
4,284 Posts
John,

Yes, the M40 you need only comes in that color. If you do not need silencer, there are other M40s available from Weapons Collection 2.

As for which weapon I like more. I don't know, I like them both. Though I think M14 SOCOM (that's the only HT M14 that has silencer) is not a military issue rifle - is it? I think there was a discussion on this board before and it was said that it is not... Also I think "real" snipers are issued M40, while unit marksman (or whatever the correct name is) are usually issued with M14s - again, I read this somewhere; either here or no MP.

Alexei

·
Ain't it Cool?
2,655 Posts
Mr. Clark:

I have the HT M40A1 w/Bipod and An/PVS-10 Scope, M40A1 w/TASCO Scope (SEAL Mtn Sniper), and the M40A1 w/TASCO Scope & Silencer and they seem to work well with ACE, BBi, DML, and of course HT bodies. They seem a fraction larger but it works. I also have the HT M14 SOCOM II; M14 SOCOM A1 w/HOLO scope, Surefire M900 Millennium Grip, and silencer (CIA COI), the SAGE MK14 MOD 0 (ERB), and M4 SOPMOD w/Duostock. These weapon seem right on the money.

As far as the M40A1 vs the M14 SOCOM A1 w/Silencer, I will go with the A1. But that is me not wanting to carry two different weapons that can do the same job. They both can fire the same round (NATO 7.62 X 51) but I can get some dual purpose use out of the A1. I would say work on the concept of your figure first then choose the rifle. You are going to have some real hard choices when the HT series 4 comes out. There are just some sweet weapons in that group and the M17 LB w/Silencer is not making it easy to choose a sniper rifle.

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
I picked up the M14's and I really love them. The scale looks great. And the nice thing is if you want to update the brown version the scope is 100% transferrable from the OD one.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.