One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Figure Dissector
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
"Let's catch a spider!" The amazing Spider-Man has jumped back into action recently and brought a cast of new villains along with him! Originally an ordinary electrical engineer, Max Dillion has gained super powers in an accident and transformed into Electro who is bent on killing Spider-Man! Today Hot Toys is delighted to present the 1/6th scale Electro Collectible Figure from The Amazing Spider-Man 2.

The movie-accurate Electro collectible is specially crafted based on the image of Jamie Foxx as Electro in the movie which features a detailed head sculpt, LED light up functions that capture the unique appearance of the villain, highly detailed costume, and a dynamic figure stand ideal for aerial poses. Fans of Spider-Man villains don't miss the chance to pre-order this "electrifying" Collectible Figure!

The 1:6th scale Electro Collectible Figure features:

Release Date: Q1 - Q2, 2015

- Authentic and detailed likeness of Jamie Foxx as Electro in The Amazing Spider-Man 2
- Finely crafted head sculpt with LED light up function (white light, battery operated)
- Body with 30 points of articulation
- Approximately 30 cm tall
- LED light up wrists (blue light, battery operated)
- Four (4) pairs of interchangeable palms including:
. One (1) pair of fists
. One (1) pair of open palms
. One (1) pair of relaxed gloved palms with translucent fingers
. One (1) pair of gloved open palms with translucent fingers

Costume:

- One (1) specially tailored bluish and black Electro suit
- One (1) pair of bluish black boots

Accessories:

- Two (2) pairs of real-like lightning
- Diamond-shaped dynamic figure stand with Electro nameplate, the movie logo, Electro emblem paper cover, and flexible pillar

**Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different
**Product details could be subjected to change without further notice
**Battery included for collectible figure. Button cells are required

·
Figure Dissector
2,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Hot Toys - MMS: TASM2 - 1/6 Electro

How about dual colour LED.... that can switch to red...

·
super hot outside
4,362 Posts

This figure is going to bomb real bad, can't see the reason why anybody would want to buy this unless they're a completist.

·
Registered
5,655 Posts

This figure is going to bomb real bad, can't see the reason why anybody would want to buy this unless they're a completist.
I think Doly's right on this. Theoretically a figure like this can have four markets: fans of the movie, fans of the comic book character, fans of the actor, and people who think the figure is just inherently cool or supplies useful parts.

In this case, for the primary market, response to the film was good but not great. In the secondary aspects, the character is too different from the comics for the figure to have general fan appeal. It doesn't supply a "normal" headsculpt for Jaimie Foxx Fans. It has a limited appeal for looking cool, I guess. Not an overall recipe for huge success.

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts

Buzzkill...

·
Watching
894 Posts
I thought the movie was brilliant actually, hands down the best movie featuring a Marvel character made so far, and yes I'm including Iron Man and the Avengers. I think appreciation for the film will grow over time, Electro may be one of those figures that eventually is worth a fortune because so many people skipped out on him at first.

·
1:6 film/scifi/historical
11,538 Posts
I think he looks brilliant and would make a fantastic start to a SW Sith Lord!!

·
Registered
5,655 Posts
I think Shovelchop is right that it would make a fantastic Sith Lord, as it basically is one already. It's more a young Palpatine or something and nothing remotely resembling what I think of as Comics Electro. And yes, I know that's the movie's issue and not HT.

·
1:6 film/scifi/historical
11,538 Posts
I think Shovelchop is right that it would make a fantastic Sith Lord, as it basically is one already. It's more a young Palpatine or something and nothing remotely resembling what I think of as Comics Electro. And yes, I know that's the movie's issue and not HT.

·
Registered
5,655 Posts
Depending on price I'm actually considering it, just throw on a hooded black cape, some Darth Malgus thigh armour, a light saber, Sith eyes and you're done! :hifive
Shovelchop, it's like you're reading my mail. :lol I was actually thinking how cool Darth Malgus and a slightly repurposed Electro would be as a Master and Apprentice, always two there are, no more, no less. Not exactly canon but an impressive duo. Would be funny if HT ended up selling more of these to SW fans than SM fans.

·
Registered
406 Posts
While I liked the movie, I didn't care for Electro. Looks like a guy from The Blue Man Group opened a puzzle box and became a Cenobite.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts