·
IS HE LIVE OR IS HE DEAD?
2,599 Posts
Just got the email from HT.
Interesting.

·
1:6 film/scifi/historical
11,540 Posts
OOOOOOOOH! Very nice, wonder what they look like under the removable masks?

Hot Toys - MMS228 - The Avengers: 1/6th scale Chitauri Footsoldier and Commander Collectible Figures Set Specification
~ Movie Masterpiece Series ~

The 1/6th scale Chitauri Commander Collectible Figure specially features:

- Authentic and detailed fully realized likeness Chitauri Commander in The Avengers

- Movie-accurate facial expression with detailed skin texture

- Body with over 22 points of articulations

- Approximately 32 cm tall

- Two (2) pairs of interchangeable palms including:

- One (1) pair of partially clenched palms

- One (1) pair of relaxed palms

Costume:

- One (1) removable gold colored helmet with mask

- One (1) gold colored left shoulder armor

- One (1) pair of gold colored bicep armors

- One (1) pair of gold colored forearm armors

- One (1) gold colored body armor

- One (1) gold colored right thigh armor

- One (1) pair of gold colored greaves armors

Weapons:

- One (1) Chitauri arm canon

- One (1) Chitauri grenade

Accessory:

- Specially-designed diorama stage with movable rubble pieces

The 1/6th scale Chitauri Footsoldier Collectible Figure specially features:

- Authentic and detailed fully realized likeness Chitauri Footsoldier in The Avengers

- Movie-accurate facial expression with detailed skin texture

- Body with over 22 points of articulations

- Approximately 32 cm tall

- Two (2) pairs of interchangeable palms including:

- One (1) pair of partially clenched palms

- One (1) pair of relaxed palms

Costume:

- One (1) bronze colored headgear

- One (1) removable mask

- One (1) pair of bronze colored bicep armors

- One (1) pair of bronze colored forearm armors

- One (1) bronze colored body armor

- One (1) pair of bronze colored leg armors

Weapons:

- One (1) Chitauri arm canon

Accessory:

- Specially-designed diorama stage with movable rubble pieces

**The following additional accessories will be included for the Collectible Set, especially for Chitauri Footsoldier

Additional Accessories for Collectible Set:

- One (1) Chitauri rifle

- One (1) folded up Chitauri rifle

- One (1) left palm for holding Chitauri rifle

Artists:

- Head and Body Sculpted by Joseph Tsang

- Painted by Lee Yoong Young

- Painting Directed by JC. Hong

Release date: Q2-Q3, 2014

**Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different

**Product details could be subjected to change without further notice

·
Registered
5,676 Posts
It's amusing that these photos have now been corrected but the ones on their website http://www.hottoys.com.hk/productDetail.php?productID=212 still have the odd spellling mistake "Chitauri Soldier & Chirtauri Commander" (extra "r") on all of them. To be fair it's not like spell-checker is going to recognize "Chitauri;" then again they have the correct and misspelled words right beside each other. Hey HT, it's all about the attention to detail.

Good that they finally got around to this and even doubled up with the Soldier and the Commander. I don't find these characters all that meaningful even in Avengers movie terms, and they were kinda "placekeeper aliens," but I might be more impressed when I see the figures in hand. I will say when I read the description of "diorama stages with movable rubble pieces" I was imagining something more elaborate than a stand with a couple of loose stones.

·
HOME OF FINE 1/6 CUSTOMS
4,689 Posts
It's amusing that these photos have now been corrected but the ones on their website http://www.hottoys.com.hk/productDetail.php?productID=212 still have the odd spellling mistake "Chitauri Soldier & Chirtauri Commander" (extra "r") on all of them. To be fair it's not like spell-checker is going to recognize "Chitauri;" then again they have the correct and misspelled words right beside each other. Hey HT, it's all about the attention to detail.
Yeah, I wanna get these, but that extra "r" really ruins it for me. Epic fail, Hot Toys. Epic fail :(

·
11,540 Posts

C&S SET $474.99

COMMANDER ONLY $239.99

SOLDIER ONLY $239.99

·
Registered
326 Posts
ONLY $239.99 each. HT priced them as if to suggest, it's only a fractured skull. It only hurts a little bit. Hard to dish out that kinda cash to get non essential figures. Six Avengers against one Chiituari is totally unfair fight. Its a gang bang.

·
11,540 Posts
ONLY $239.99 each. HT priced them as if to suggest, it's only a fractured skull. It only hurts a little bit. Hard to dish out that kinda cash to get non essential figures. Six Avengers against one Chiituari is totally unfair fight. Its a gang bang.
Nah, that was me, what I meant was "only" as on their own, seperate, not as a set.

·
Registered
878 Posts
I don't know what it is about the knees but the legs look to thin at the knees that offsets the whole look of the figure to me. I love hot toys but I can finally save money as these guys are not essential to pick up for my collection.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Nice work by HT as usual, but I disliked these generic power-ranger villains in the film and dislike just as much as action figures.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts