1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
==================================================
Hot Toys - MMS 77 - ALIEN 3 - DOG ALIEN collectible figure
==================================================

Hot Toys is proud to present our first ever ALIEN 3 movie product - the DOG ALIEN, the fully articulated model kit is in scale with other Hot Toys' Movie Masterpiece 1/6th scale Alien and Predator model kits.

The Alien 3 - Dog Alien collectible figure features:
  • Approximate stands 16 inches long/ tall
  • Over 18 points of articulation
  • Bendable hands, thenar (wrist?), and tail
  • Extendable set of inner jaws
  • Interchangeable hands
{Release date: Q3, 2008}

Attachments

·
Good Enough Never Is
712 Posts
Though I no longer consider it the best movie, Alien 3 is the one that made me fall in love with the franchise. Weird, huh? Love the Dog Alien. And though it's not 100% accurate, I do really like this figure. I hope the Resurrection Aliens are on the way with similar legs.

I'd kill for a bald Alien 3 Ripley by Hot Toys. DAMN!, that's a dream figure for me.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Alien 3 was good for a number of reasons, but the most important IMO is that after aliens it is the one where they got Giger back to design the alien. I also thought that Ripley as a savior worked well and could have easily been the end of the series. I am biased though as I believe all of the movies have equal good and bad points and because of the nature of the stories are difficult to compare to one another.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Alien 3 was good for a number of reasons, but the most important IMO is that after aliens it is the one where they got Giger back to design the alien. I also thought that Ripley as a savior worked well and could have easily been the end of the series. I am biased though as I believe all of the movies have equal good and bad points and because of the nature of the stories are difficult to compare to one another.
Strictly speaking Giger had very little to do with the film. Fincher wanted him on board in a big way, but FOX insisted that their art department have final say and artistic control of the creatures evolution. The situation became unworkable and Giger left in frustration and disgust. It almost lead to Fincher walking off as well, as it is it very nearly became his Alan Smithee movie.
I'm just in the middle of reviewing this figure and go over this there.

Here's some more info-
http://www.hrgiger.com/alien4f.htm

·
footlonger
372 Posts
i'm having trouble with my first xenomorph, its the repainted "pooey" alien warrior from aliens. the arm joint, too tight. how do you guys put it in...my fingers are getting numb.

·
Registered
56 Posts
There's something about this guy that I just don't like. I don't know if its the $150 price tag or the awkward looking "dog" poses. I've owned three of the past Aliens, with the AVP-R warrior being my favorite and only one left in my collection.

·
Dark Pokemon of the Sith
407 Posts
I have 2 HT Aliens and from these pics, I can't tell where the joints are. How does the sheath blend so well into the limbs? Even on previous ones, you can see the separations.

·
ever wearing flipflops
10,477 Posts
Very cool figure - thank you for the pics gents:)

Mathew Mcconaughey and Woody Harrelson perked up when they heard azazel's "heat up the joint first" suggestion:)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Here's a selection I took for the review, if you play around with his centre of gravity he will stay up without a stand on two feet... I wouldn't want to leave him on a shelf like that though.-

I freakin love this figure!!!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.