One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
BBICN ONLINE
4,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hot Toys (MMS 76) Predator 2: 14" high fully poseable Lost Predator model kit

Hot Toys' series of Alien and Predator figures continues with the announcement of the fully poseable 14-inch tall figure of the Lost Predator from the film Predator 2.

The Lost Predator Poseable Model Kit features:

* Newly developed and highly detailed body armory and weapons, including mask, spear, skulls, and shuriken.
* Interchangeable open and closed mandibles
* Interchangeable hand for holding the spear
* Display base featuring Predator 2 logo with nameplate

·
Diplomacy is Overrated
796 Posts
HHMMM not a hint of a shoulder cannon, wrist blades, or forearm computer. So... less accessories and it will retail for the current if not a bit more than the current price. Another sign that Hot Toys has lost touch with its roots and core customer base.

·
Zombie Slayer 1st Class
231 Posts
HHMMM not a hint of a shoulder cannon, wrist blades, or forearm computer.
That was my major complaints regarding this figure. They went screen accurate so far as the Pred's head, coloration and body armor, yet took a wild swing off in left field and gave it the Boar Pred's helmet and the Hippie Pred's spear. I still pre-ordered it, but a great figure could have been even better.

·
Registered
743 Posts
If I had to guess I would say they are only gonna develop/release maybe two-three of these guys altogether, just combine designs/accessories and what not, maybe based on how many masks there were in the film.

Just seems like a lot of cash to drop for minimal differences. Of course, same could be said for the first AvP predators. I'm gonna pass on this guy in hopes that predator 1 will follow soon.

·
Good Enough Never Is
712 Posts
As soon as they do the Predator 1, they can also add the Snake Predator to the group.

He's the second from the left and he uses the P1 head with P2 mandibles.

Personally, I love the screen accurate approach to this, ie, no gun, etc. As for the spear and helmet, nobody said I had to use them to display this guy. I'll give Machiko the spear; fits her better than the that ***** version of the AVP Elder's spear. And I'll just save the helmet for another custom Pred down the road.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
What!? There is a Snake Predator too!!! What's that all about? And what with that Lost predator? Where did he/it came from? I can't take much of this excitement! But I need to know! What's going on???

·
Good Enough Never Is
712 Posts
As somebody else informed me, the costumes for all the other Predators at the end of Predator 2 were lost, so those are now known as the "Lost Hunters", and the fans have given nicknames to all of them based on their characteristics--kinda like fans did with the Spice Girls. Sorry for the comparison...

·
DO NOT READ THIS SENTENCE
2,235 Posts
Why dont they make some of the humans from pred 2 instead of preds we only see for 30 secs max??? Granted the Elder Pred looks great and had quite a large part of the movie if you think about it, but 'the lost predators'? no thanks. Im a huge pred fan but come on, were's Danny glover or danny boy, or bill paxton?? or even the secret service guy with the liguid nitrogen pack??? Hot toys is just re-using their molds. I for one will not be paying for this. Plus he's bright green, is his skin too thin and is showing his blood beneath????

·
DO NOT READ THIS SENTENCE
2,235 Posts
well i hope hot toys decide to make the danny glover/danny/paxton figures, i know for a fact i'd buy them for twice the price this pred is gonna go for

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.