One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well all the speculation was right, pretty impresive accessories, roaring mandibles and a sweet stand!-

Hot Toys - MMS 66 -AVP-R - 1/6th scale Predator model kit (Cleaner Kit version)

A realistic based 1/6th scale (approx.14 inches tall) Predator collectible model from the movie Aliens vs Predator: Requiem
This full geared Predator features a newly developed Predator body with complex skin pattern and 22 points of articulation, a fabric net body suit with detailed armor and it also comes with:

Weapons:
- one articulated shoulder cannons
- Rolled-up whip
- Extendable spear
- Closed Shuriken
- Retractable Wrist blades
- Wrist computer
- Syringe **
- Cannon (hand-held version) **

Accessories:
- Predator Mask (damaged version)**
- Corrosive liquid container**
- Skull necklace
- Neck Wrap
- Med Kit
- Cleaner case **
- Interchangeable mandibles **
- Bandolier
- Each model comes with Alien Corpse featured display base **

** newly added features

NOTE: Simple assembly required

{Release date: Q2, 2008}

Aliens vs Predator Requiem TM & © 2008 Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation. All Rights Reserved.

·
Français par le sang vers
798 Posts
Thanks for the heads up :thumb... Looking great!! HT, you have outdone yourself again..

·
Good Enough Never Is
712 Posts
Friggin' Hot Toys, man

They do it every time. As soon as the regular version is released, they show us the one we REALLY wanted. Only two things lack on this one: no flexible whip and no double mounted gun action. Otherwise, what the hell is the first one even for. I don't know what to do: sell my first one and eBay back the whip and doudle mounted gun armor, or eBay the new parts from this one, or just drop another $150 and have dual Wolf action. Damn, I hate this hobby! If I didn't love it so much I'd get rid of everything I've already got.

·
The rest will flow
333 Posts
I truly think I speak for everyone that ordered the initial release when I say...

$#@%&!!!!11!:jawdrop

I just want the mandibles, that's all I really care about!

·
Soldier
979 Posts
I'm new to the hobby and mainly into modern, but these predator figs are insanely awesome, and insanely priced, however this or an elder predator both look too good to pass up and I might add one or two to my collection. Where can you find these for pre-order or purchase other than Ebay?

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
This is just downright mean! I was going to use some much overdue flex time to head out early today and swing by my favorite local hobby shop to get my eagerly anticipated 'regular' Wolf. Now I see this ...

·
Good Enough Never Is
712 Posts
I'm new to the hobby and mainly into modern, but these predator figs are insanely awesome, and insanely priced, however this or an elder predator both look too good to pass up and I might add one or two to my collection. Where can you find these for pre-order or purchase other than Ebay?
If you want the best price for this, Sideshow will have it for pre-order soon. They'll probably preview it in their newletter this coming week and have it up the next week. Usually with new Hot Toys figures eBay will have all sorts of overpriced auctions for these about two months before Sideshow gets them in, but you can't beat the retail price Sideshow will have on it. The first one was $150, so this one should be too. Also, this is just a re-release with new stuff like the Battle Damaged Predator 2, so it should come out fairly quickly, even through Sideshow. Sideshow may even have an exclusive piece that not even this one has as was the case with the BD Predator 2.

·
Good Enough Never Is
712 Posts
Why not Hot Toys just sell an UPGRADE KIT version,hehehe

Yes, Hot Toys really needs to do upgrade kits, but we know the all mighty dollar is what they are really after. They did it with RoboCop 3 second release coming with the jet pack, Predator 2 second release have swtichable mandibles and opening med kit and severed arm, Scar Ani-con exclusive having the better face (even though it was really just and AVP Elder repaint, not an accurate Scar sculpt), Grid and Brown AVP Alien coming with the Face Hugger, and now this.

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
Nice,

Sort of a Pred 1/ Pred 2 hybrid in terms of looks. Predator 1 is still my fave. HT are sure to do him at some stage. We haven't had any mini kit Preds yet, have we!?

CHEERS!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.