One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We might be starting an all sixth scale week - maybe. I know Wednesday will definitly be another, but I'm not sure about Friday yet...but we'll start things off tonight with a look at the new Hot Toys Luke Skywalker, based on his grumpy old man persona in Episode 7. This guy is okay, but there's some serious flaws that took me by surprised, based on how terrific the prototype looked. You can find my review here:

Review and photos of Luke Skywalker Force Awakens Star Wars Hot Toys action figure

or with the rest of the reviews at the usual:

Captain Toy, Michael Crawford's Action Figure and Toy Reviews

Thanks for reading!

Michael

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
I think your pics managed to pull a bit more Hamill out of the sculpt than others I've seen, but only just. I think the main part where this falls down is the wrist. I think they've adopted a 'it ain't broke so we won't fix it' policy on things like this for far too long, even the KO bodies I've bought have better recessed wrist holes which don't make the joint so obvious. Even Luke doesn't look too sure about it in that pic 'And I thought my robot hand looked bad!' is his thought.

Oh, and I'd worry about what might happen if you pull that loose thread on his cloak...

CHEERS!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Not very impressive at all in my opinion, that hair is awful!

I suspect that this is one for collectors that don't mind too much about accuracy.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think your pics managed to pull a bit more Hamill out of the sculpt than others I've seen, but only just. I think the main part where this falls down is the wrist. I think they've adopted a 'it ain't broke so we won't fix it' policy on things like this for far too long, even the KO bodies I've bought have better recessed wrist holes which don't make the joint so obvious. Even Luke doesn't look too sure about it in that pic 'And I thought my robot hand looked bad!' is his thought.

Oh, and I'd worry about what might happen if you pull that loose thread on his cloak...

CHEERS!
Hey man, you never just start pulling threads!

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
Are we sure the loose thread is not screen-accurate :wink?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts