One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
Movie's going to be an inevitable Hot Toys cash cow; but I was hoping they'd jump to a female figure next (dora milaje, wd also sell multiples as an "army builder"). Apart from the welcome Jordan headsculpt, Killmonger feels too similar, kind of redundant. And the Black Panther's reflective gimmick is probably more conducive to displaying him alone and properly lit anyway.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Just saw the film last night, and this really does look fantastic. And I agree with Moonbase Alpha Male above, I'd also really like to see some female figures from the movie. Maybe it's success will be a good signal to companies like Phicen that there's a market for more diversity in their line up.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The movie is super successful (heard that it will be the 4th film to have a $100M second, domestic weekend), so I think the chance of getting figures of the female characters in the movie is not to shabby.

Heck, if hot toys are making a Thor valkyrie figure, they probably will consider shuri and okoye from BP just because they are as popular.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Just saw the film last night, and this really does look fantastic. And I agree with Moonbase Alpha Male above, I'd also really like to see some female figures from the movie. Maybe it's success will be a good signal to companies like Phicen that there's a market for more diversity in their line up.
The general from the Dora, Michonne (I forgot the character name) would be a cool figure

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The general from the Dora, Michonne (I forgot the character name) would be a cool figure
okoye is the name of the general, played by Danai Gurira. And yes, i will totally buy a hot toy figure of hers .. and they HAVE to include the high tech spear.

·
Warning: Choking Hazard !
1,390 Posts
The show was surprisingly good and although Boseman was good - the leads were overshadowed by the much more interesting female characters.
I felt they had much more depth and were much more interesting. No interest in the Black Panther or Killmonger figures but a four pack set of Dora Milaje would surely give me weak knees.

·
Registered
5,139 Posts
I was waiting to see if they were going to do a killmonger figure before pre-ordering the a black Panther. To be honest I did not want one with out the other. Not sure about buying the bald chick if they do her, but will get most of the characters if done. just from the promotional pictures both figures look awesome. Big fan of Michael B. Jordan. When I heard he had been cast as the bad guy I felt it would be a great movie. I guess when I compare to that awful Star Wars movie I saw pretty much everything following will seem great and that crap made over a billion dollars. ONLY Star Was movie I never want to see again.....sorry about the rant had to get that off my chest......

·
Enjoying life
655 Posts
I am so appreciating the sentiment here. It is 2018 and no company is making a 1/6 dark skin tone female figure (other than Barbie and Fashion Royalty). The last to do it was the Triad Toys Alpha years ago. If Hot toys or TBLeague were to design a beautiful head sculpt and body it would be amazing! I guess they don't believe dark skin women are appealing or profitable because neither company has ever made one.

Here is the fitness model from Nigeria they could use as a prototype: Renee Jones

Are these faces not appealing?

I make Photo Comics and need variety to simulate the world I live in and that others can identify with and to do this I am forced to pay for custom made figures because no company will make these. Okay, therapy session over for now. I feel a little better. Thanks OSWs.

Keep having 1/6 fun!

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
I am so appreciating the sentiment here. It is 2018 and no company is making a 1/6 dark skin tone female figure (other than Barbie and Fashion Royalty). The last to do it was the Triad Toys Alpha years ago. If Hot toys or TBLeague were to design a beautiful head sculpt and body it would be amazing! I guess they don't believe dark skin women are appealing or profitable because neither company has ever made one.

I make Photo Comics and need variety to simulate the world I live in and that others can identify with and to do this I am forced to pay for custom made figures because no company will make these. Okay, therapy session over for now. I feel a little better. Thanks OSWs.
Keep having 1/6 fun!
I'm with you all the way. One figure worth mentioning in this context, though it may or may not meet your needs, is that Threezero Michonne is coming out 2018.

·
Enjoying life
655 Posts
Thank you for reminding me, Moonbase Alpha Male. I've been watching the 3A Michonne with reservations I know that they say "Beggars can't be chosers" so here is hoping 3A can get out of their head sculpt slump. If they do, I will spend the money. It was already my plan to get the loose body on eBay. Fingers crossed while waiting for this figure's release.

As for the Killmonger figure: Definitely looking forward to the Hot Toys quality on that sculpt!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The detail in the costumizing is just mindblowingly good. Hope they release him with the likeness.
They will. See the last pic with the head sculpt blurred out? That is HT still in talks probably with Michael B for the rights of his likeness. HT always get it. I remember the same thing happened with the Spiderman (homecoming) figure. The head sculpt with Tom Holland's likeness was blurred out in the first pictures.

·
Registered
5,139 Posts
Saw the movie last night. Although I loved the movie and I plan on seeing it again during discount hours. I Would give it a 7 out of 10. I thought the fight Scenes between BP and Killmonger could have been much better. Killmonger made the movie for me wished he had more screen time. Hopefully Ht plan on doing the Tactical suit version of Killmonger.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Mine's on preorder already! I've been a Black Panther fan since 1976 when I bought Jungle Action 12 off the circular stands for 25 cents! It thrills me no end to see my favorite character get the big screen treatment. As to the movie, Marvel did a great job showing appropriate homage and respect to the comics, while producing a movie that can appeal to people who never saw BP before except in Cap America Civil War. I've been collecting BP merchandise forever, which had been easy because he was a minor D list Marvel character. Now I can't keep up with the movie related merchandise! Its like Spider-man or something! LOL!

Also, I've noticed a good handful of people who thought T'Challa was boring in the movie. That's a good thing and shows how the movie reflected the comics. T'Challa in the comics was a lot like Silver Surfer. Very philosophical. Not the Hulk. Not much smashing. But a lot of deep political and moral stuff, and this was captured well in the movie.

Anyway, the Hot Toys BP stuff is at the top of my list!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Was hoping for a Killmonger with his tactical gear and tribal mask, from earlier in the movie. An Okoye would also be nice. Movie is doing great, so there's hope. Not holding my breath, though.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The movie is obviously much better on the characters .. and the whole political philosophy thing than action. But i love the characters. Tchalla is fine .. although he stands out more in CW. Killmonger, Okeyo, Shuri and Mbaku are great characters. They have to do man-ape at some point.

No one can do super hero action better than the Russo brothers. CW is the yard-stick to measure them all, and hopefully infinity war will be up there in the action department. BTW, i also consider CW a great movie because it asks the very human question: how does collateral damage matters in a super hero world.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts