One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
1:6 film/scifi/historical
11,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yup it's the one most IM fans have been waiting for even though I can't remember him in any of the films, the idea of IM in space has always seemed cool, especially with the NASA type colours etc.. We'll just have to see if HT have made our dreams come true or completely blown it..

THIS BOOSTER PACK IS SUPER SWEET!!

Product Summary

The Starboost (Mark XXXIX) suit has stood out from the crowd since its introduction in Iron Man 3. Its cool space suit design with a mixture of white, gold, and black colors has helped it become a fan favorite among all the suits from the "House Party Protocol".

Sideshow Collectibles and Hot Toys are very excited to present from Tony Stark's Iron Legion the Starboost (Mark XXXIX) Collectible Figure, the Sub-Orbital Suit. It features white, gold, and black colored armor with an embossed pattern, two gold-colored face masks, LED light-up functions and figure stand with flexible pillar for dynamic posing.

Related Media

Product Details

LicenseMarvelScaleSixth Scale FigureManufacturerHot ToysProduct Size12" H (304.8mm)*View Size Chart »Dimensional WeightTBDInt'l Dim. WeightTBDTM & © 2013 Marvel & Subs.© 2013 Hot Toys Limited. All Rights Reserved.

What's in the Box?

The Iron Man Starboost (Mark XXXIX) Sixth Scale Figure features:
  • Authentic likeness of Starboost (Mark XXXIX), the Sub-Orbital Suit, in Iron Man 3
  • Over 36 points of articulations
  • Approximately 30 cm tall
Special features on armor:
  • Two (2) face masks
    • One (1) full gold color mask
    • One (1) gold color mask with transparent eye slots
  • LED-lighted eyes and triangle-shaped RT on chest (white light, battery operated)
  • White, gold and black colored painting on armor with embossed pattern
  • Additional thruster pack attached to back with LED light up function (white light, battery operated)
  • Three (3) pairs of interchangeable palms including:
    • One (1) pair with improved articulations, movable fingers and light-up repulsors (white light, battery operated)
    • One (1) pair of forceful fists
    • One (1) pair of repulsor palms
  • Improved articulations on waist armor which allow flexible movement
Accessory:
  • One (1) circular figure stage with flexible pillar
*Battery included for collectible figure. Button cells are required

Size Chart - Iron Man Mark XXXIX - Starboost Sixth Scale Figure

12" (305mm)

Close Switch to Palm View
Scale is approximate and should be used for rough comparisons only.

Palm View - Iron Man Mark XXXIX - Starboost Sixth Scale Figure

Close Switch to Size Chart
Scale is approximate and should be used for rough comparisons only.

I LIKE VERY MUCH! KIDNEY FOR SALE!

·
super hot outside
4,362 Posts
This used to be my most anticipated armor from the movie but now, not anymore. The yellow faceplate on the helmet just looks too strange and doesn't seem to blend well with the overall design.

·
Smooth criminal.
460 Posts
Rumor has it that that the original ending to IM3 had Tony flying off into space in this suit (originally named Gemini and was a Deep Space suit NOT sub-orbital) and would have met up with the Guardians of the Galaxy in the post credits scene of that film. This also would have explained his absence in Avengers 2 if Robert Downey Jr. didn't want to continue in the role.

·
11,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This used to be my most anticipated armor from the movie but now, not anymore. The yellow faceplate on the helmet just looks too strange and doesn't seem to blend well with the overall design.
Having had a chance to look at the pics properly now I quite dig the idea of the full gold face plate, I mean who out of us that own a DID Apollo astronaut set don't display the figure with all the cool sun shields down?

Rumor has it that that the original ending to IM3 had Tony flying off into space in this suit (originally named Gemini and was a Deep Space suit NOT sub-orbital) and would have met up with the Guardians of the Galaxy in the post credits scene of that film. This also would have explained his absence in Avengers 2 if Robert Downey Jr. didn't want to continue in the role.
Great factoids there! Cheers! Kind of bummed there are no weapons yet again on a IM3 release aside from repulsors that is (apart from the Silver Centurion) that I can remember.

·
11,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
671 Posts
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing too. Faceplate should have been black I reckon. They probably had to stick with gold as part of their deal with the Chinese when making it heh ;)

Interesting. Makes sense too I guess. Any chance you can link the source where you read that? Or did you just hear it somewhere? :)

·
11,540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing too. Faceplate should have been black I reckon
That would be pretty cool actually, to have a choice.

·
Memento Mori
1,151 Posts
Awesome.. I might consider to get it since I will be available in my country probably in the first months of 2015 (Iron Man Avengers was available exactly 14 months after his annoucement).

We will see what HT will produce this year, I'm still waiting to see Prometheus stuff :).

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
One of my favourite armor.............but I think I had enough IronMans...... Still thinking if to get Red Snapper or Igor..... I'm quite satisfied with my Mk VII

·
Sam
12 Posts
It may look weird. But this is exactly what was used in the movie. I tried looking for it very hard and then finally found. Check the picture enclosed, it's between the Heartbreaker on its left and Silver Centurion on its right.

Download the image and enlarge it on your screen to check this.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.