1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
www.boy-toy.net/bbs
2,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw this tid bit at the Freaks board...

Here's what SideshowTom had to say in the new Tomart's:

Quote:
Definitely! We'll be doing other versions from the other movies and other costumes that he wears. And you'll see other 12" Indiana Jones figures, not from Sideshow or Hasbro, on the Sideshow website, although I can't say from whom just yet. Fans of Indiana Jones and 1:6 scale will have plenty of opportunity to get their hands on the perfect Indiana Jones for their collection.

If it's HT's then bye bye SS Indy!
:jump4joy

·
Unwell
1,729 Posts
Sideshow's Indy is looking very good so far particularly because of the wonderful portrait by Trevor Grove and the anticipated new base body. However, an Indy from Hot Toys will always be a welcome addition to anyone's collection. I think the hobby is large enough to accomodate two Indys, provided that the character is done the justice he so truly deserves in this hobby. I say bring them on.

·
Registered
45 Posts
With Sideshow's and Hot Toy's seeming partnership, it would seem to be in rather bad form for Hot Toys to try and steal Sideshow's thunder by making an Indy figure... and especially odd for Sideshow to casually comment on it if it were so. Now, maybe when he says "other Indiana Jones figures" he means characters from Indiana Jones by Hot Toys; Belloch and Marion spring to mind (especially with Hot Toys' having a good female body) as possible popular choices.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hopefully it is someone with a better head sculpt. I realize I am in the minority but I'm not digging that SS sculpt at all. I resigned myself to the fact I may have to get 2 or 3 figures and bash them for the ultimate Indy, and commision a head that I 'm satisfied with. Variety is never a bad thing when it comes to something as subjective as what looks right to the individual.

·
Registered
251 Posts
What about the German Mechanic? He has a huge muscular body. Or the big Thugee guy that was crushed in the rock crusher? Again, big muscular body. Sallah was a bit big boned, he'd be great with a muscle/fat suit. Of course the great Hot Toys female body would be great for the female characters. Plus, unlike sideshow, they do make some of their characters smaller accroding to actor/character height. It's not impossible for this kind of partnership to occur.

But then again, we'd have heard about Hot Toys getting the license. It would have been a monumental kind of thing.

·
Registered
130 Posts
What about the German Mechanic? He has a huge muscular body. Or the big Thugee guy that was crushed in the rock crusher? Again, big muscular body. .
FYI these two characters were played by the same actor, Pat Roach. He was 6' 5" so he would need to be on a taller body to be scale accurate. If Hot Toys does one(Indiana Jones), it would have to be exceptional to tempt my purchase. The quality of their likenesses has improved, but I don't like the texture on some of the sculpts. It seems WAY overdone.

·
Registered
251 Posts
FYI, any Indy fan worth their salt knows who Pat Roach is. They also know that he was in a deleted scene (Last Crusade) playing a pansy SS Office Indy takes out with a punch to the chin. He also played the german motorcyclist who gets flipped off of his bike when Indy throws the flag pole into his wheel.

Though they could always use the same kind of body they did for Drago. He was both tall and muscular. So it's possible to say the least.

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
I'd like to see some Pat Roach figures, but I don't want to pay HT money for them! Pat started off as a wrestler before moving on to acting after Raiders. He was also one of the Nepalese guys that trashes Marion's bar in the gunfight with Indy.

Sadly no longer with us, Pat is most fondly remembered in the UK as Bomber in the TV comedy/drama Auf Wiedersehn Pet

CHEERS!

·
Registered
127 Posts
As much as I'd like to have a HT Indy, I suspect this will be a Medicom offering. I was told some years back by someone that I very much trust that the SW license that various companies hold included an Indy option. The fact that the companies that have announced Indy products hold a SW license (SS, Hasbro, Gentle Giant, Kotob-whatever) lends credence to this. A Medicom Indy seems like a no brainer given that Medicom has a SW license and is actively producing 1/6 figures.

I guess that Gentle Giant is a possibility since that company seems to be dabbling in the 1/6 market.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.