One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
DO NOT READ THIS SENTENCE
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone,
I thought I'd share my latest project with you all!

Heres's my Hot Toys Hudson (from aliens) with his new working shoulder lamp!
It was made with a spare mag-light bulb, 2 AAA batteries, a length of telephone cable, a used tea-light and trusty duct-tape!

See the link below for pics!!

I made a hole throught the bulb part of the lamp going straight out of the back, using a candle and a spare bit of guitar sting. This allowed the cables to come through and allowed the bulb to fit inside neatly(ish!!) After that I the connected up the cables.
After that I simply taped the two batteries together with a piece of aluminium from the tea light to connnect the two poles together, also taped two strips coming from the other two poles to put the wires from the bulb through. The 'battery pack' was then placed into Hudson's bag (after removing a surprisingly large amount of cotton wool!) the wires were then taped to the bag strap and bingo! One working Shoulder lamp!

I know it looks a bit amatuer at the moment but i have yet to fit the switch and tidy it up a bit. I'll colour the wires black to help hide them (ran out of black wire!!) and I'll probably hide the switch either under the rear flap of the helmet or on the bag strap.

Also i'm very aware that its not screen accuate but niether is the scupt of Bill Paxton so i think i can live with it!! Plus the bulb is not scale brightness but I think it would look dim in scale so i left it alone.

Hope you like it! (and sorry about the poor pics, camera wouldnt behave!!)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/1-6_aliens/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157606313003034/

·
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi,
Cheers guys!!

The Head is the one that came with it, looks nothin like Bill Paxton cos of legal image rights or somthing like that.

I'll add some more pics tonight wen it get dark to show it off!!

Thanks again dudes!

·
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Thanks All for ur comments!
Forgot to take the night pics cos of a csi marathon me and me girlfriend had!! hehe! oops!!

Rogue Trooper, who/what is Hurricane??? you got any links for me???

·
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)

·
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi!
Sorry re-awaken a dead thread but Ive made more changes to my Hudson!
Inspired by STENDEC's amzing Hicks figure, i decided to add more weathering to his armour, i onlu weathered the bdu's so far and his face.
I did it rather simply by using a silver gel pen and then sealed it with hairspray! easy!
If you attempt to do this yourself, allways remember: less is more!!!
Hope you like my work, its subtle but looks great to me!
Check out the link in my post above or under my signature to see the new pics!
Thanks agin for your kind commments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.