One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts
I still have Hicks and Hudson boxed up. I keep telling myself to assemble them and break them out of the box. But if they are worth money I may keep holding off. You never know these days when you might need the money to buy gas or something.
Same here, 2088. I got all of the USCM plus Ripley still in their original boxes collecting dust in a storage tuff box with my entire collection. In fact I have a lot of box figures from HT and SS that I haven't even opened yet. Because of money value I might get from reselling them years after they've been released to make a bigger profit??? Oh hell no, I just suffer the same effect that all collectors feel.....lack of space to display them all. So I just have to pick and choose which to display and not to display. Of course my huge Jabba's Throne Room diorama (before I rebox it up for my trip to the sandbox) cut deeply into that space but I like it. *Sigh* Barracks living space sucks, can't wait to get my own place when I get out next year and then I can construct the 'war room' of my dreams.

As for the Hicks figure, what can I say, all the comments above are true. You had to be in the hobby to know about the first release which was just prior to me leaving for my 2nd tour in Iraq in late 2005. Then SS picked up the second release and new collectors suddenly went crazy looking for them. In fact I think HT and Medicom's business has increases so much is that SS and Cots are stocking their products now and more of the masses see them and want them. PPL missed out and trying to catch up are paying top dollar these days. I too hope HTs does a updated re-release of the figures and include newer characters into the line up such as Frost, Bishop, and Gorman.

Actually most of the times, it is our fault when prices of certain figures went up beyond apprehension, think about this, its a figure, a hobby and a luxury item, never a must have item like food, air or water and so why the prices went up like crazy? Its our own fault cos most of the times, we give into temptation and felt we must have it and in the end paid riddiculous price for it.

Cpl Hicks is nice but if i don't have it, my life still goes on, i wont die of thirst, hunger or suffocation if i don't have Hicks and so rather then subject myself to cut-throat price, i rather give it a miss and use the money to buy 4 - 6 figures instead of just 1 Hicks.

There is this slogan on the illegal endangered animal trade : " When the buying stops, the killings stop " For our scenario, its " When the buying stops, the price-jacking and product hoardings stops "

Just remember : That elusive figure or holy grail is good and wonderful to have but not must have.. :bag

21 - 22 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.