One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my HT Harley Quinn! So happy with this figure, but of course, I need to give her rooted hair or else she looks a bit strange next to my Joker....

Clothing Joker Hat Eyewear Style

I didn't want to work on the official head, so I got one of those wonky-jawed KO heads off ebay.

I planned on just a reroot and repaint, and then thought, what the hell, it's a cheap headsculpt. I may as well try something ambitious....

Yeah, I decided to give her moveable eyes as well.

So far, I've gotten the head prepped for eyes and hair, and did a full repaint.

(The KO headsculpt had a noticeably greyish tinge to it, so for anybody wondering about it, no, it does not match the official Harley body skintone. You're gonna need to repaint it)

Smile Eye Tooth Human body Jaw

Jaw Smile Entertainment Performing arts Happy

Dyed some blonde wool for the reroot, managed to hit that perfect turquoise on the first try, and hit the bubblegum pink on the 2nd try

Head Eye Human body Jaw Eyelash

Did a full repaint on it to match the skintone, and gave her messier makeup as well (and a cut on her forehead
)
Eyeballs are in progress, I'm hoping to be finished customizing her after next weekend, wish me luck!
I'll post more pics when I'm done the next wave of work.

·
Warning: Choking Hazard !
1,394 Posts
Thanks for sharing ! Looking forward to see more work in progress !
Was it difficult to do the eye mod ? very curious to see how that's done.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Was it difficult to do the eye mod ? very curious to see how that's done.
I was very nervous doing it, as you can imagine! :lol
Basically, I cut the back of the head off, and hollowed out the inside like a pumpkin. The most difficult part was making sure
to drill just far enough into the eye sockets. Will likely have to round and hollow out the sockets a bit more once the eyeballs are finished
so they fit flush inside.

·
Warning: Choking Hazard !
1,394 Posts
I was very nervous doing it, as you can imagine! :lol
Basically, I cut the back of the head off, and hollowed out the inside like a pumpkin. The most difficult part was making sure
to drill just far enough into the eye sockets. Will likely have to round and hollow out the sockets a bit more once the eyeballs are finished
so they fit flush inside.
Colour me impressed !
Ya got guts puddin' - dont forget to take more WIP pics for us to see !

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts
Very fine work, indeed.

You're a beast with a Dremel Tool...but a skillful beast.

Carry on and I second the suggestion about WIP photos.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the encouragement everybody! :)

Well, I didn't get nearly as much work done this holiday weekend as I planned to....
but I managed to get Harley's eyes finished and fitted.
They're moveable, each eyeball can be positioned separately. I think she's coming along quite nicely...

Smile Eyelash Tooth Jaw Eyewear

Tooth Eyelash Jaw Smile Gesture

Nose Hair Lip Smile Eyebrow

I realized she had a chip in her front tooth, so epoxy'd that and just need to repaint the teeth and gums.
Also need to do the hair rooting, re-sculpt her gold ear-cuff, and work out the neck joint.
Wish me luck! Thanks for looking! :)

·
Registered
232 Posts
Wow! You've done such a wonderful job so far, I can't wait to see how awesome she looks with rooted hair and with various finishing touches :)

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks everybody! :)

As to how the eyes were done, they are basically little lollipops :D

I had a PERS Joker head in pieces, so I could see how big the eyeballs were.
I sculpted a set roughly the same size in epoxy sculpt, and stuck two bits from plastic toothpicks in the backs.
After I dremeled the inside of her head to have "pits" for the eyeballs, I fitted them in, and put 2 little
bits of epoxy around the back of the eyes inside the head to hold them in place.

I made sure to gently turn the eyes and swivel them as the epoxy set, so they wouldn't get stuck in place.
I'll take pics of the inside of the head next time I get more progress done, so everybody can see how it looks.
(Like Harley, it'll be pretty on the outside, and ugly on the inside! :D )

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Some quick and crappy progress pics, hair rooting in progress.
So close to being done, getting pretty excited to finish this project up

Still need to wait for her resculpted ear to harden so I can repaint it and redo her ear cuff,
finish rooting the "cap" for the back of the head, and of course need to do some hairstyling
Wish me luck, thanks for looking.

Microphone Jaw Smile Performing arts Entertainment

Head Eye Performing arts Wig Eyelash

Hair Smile Jaw Tooth Wig

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts
Excellent progress.

That sculpt is the result of skilled hands.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts