One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Rainbow Six Vegas
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GOLGO 13 The PROFESSIONAL.
This is one of my favorite characters from way back when I was first introduced to manga as a kid. GOLGO 13 always had powerful imagery following this Professional Assassin, able to kill anyone, anywhere, with only 1 bullet. The series included heavy violence and adult imagery following a man named Duke Togo from job to job. He always completes the contract once it is taken and nothing can stop him. I have borrowed the name for as my tag for years, and when I heard Hot Toys was making one, I could not wait.

Hot Toys did not disappoint with this figure, it captures the character's likeness perfectly and I am totally satisfied even if the price was more than usual, totally worth it in my opinion.

NOTE: Please note that I have added 3 extra accessories in a few pictures. The accessories are sunglasses, watch, and black gloves, which do NOT come with this figure. The Shades and watch are from a HT F-4 Pilot and the Gloves are from HT Joker.

Packaging. Awesome design and color, cover shows a line drawing of Golgo going to full color. The sides and top of the box alternate the name in Japanese and English.

Sculpt and Paint. The head sculpt is what makes this figure GOLGO 13 and Hot Toys did an excellent job capturing him in 3 dimensions. The paint application is perfect with subtle shading.

Uniform. The trench coat is excellent with very detailed tailoring. The material is very high quality and folds nicely. Also a cool feature, the coat has a wire inside that can be posed to create that classic GOLGO 13 pose in the wind. The suit also has excellent tailoring capturing the look of Golgo's suit and fit. The suit includes a black belt not show on the prototype. The fit around the neck could be better however.

Articulation. Hot Toys bodies offer the best articulation available in my opinion. Articulation on this figure is excellent in the arms even with the coat. You can easily achieve a perfect sniping posture with the M16. The legs are also free to move, although I would not go to extreme poses with the legs to prevent damage to the suit.

·
Rainbow Six Vegas
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Accessories. GOLGO comes with one very amazing weapon accessory, his iconic briefcase housing his custom M16. GOLGO 13 uses a heavily customized M16A2 that can break down to smaller components in an instant to allow his speedy escape. Hot Toys did it again, creating the M16 in parts that can be assembled into a solid full size weapon. No loose parts, the M16 is very well made and can withstand multiple assemblies/dis assemblies. The briefcase itself is very well made and clips shut tightly. The weapon part cut outs are super clean and the parts fit perfectly snug inside. The M16 also includes 2 handguard variations, a A2 handguard and an original triangle shape. Also 2 sights variations, a scope and also an A3 carry handle.

GOLGO 13's sidearm is a .38 revolver which has a removable cylinder and moving hammer. Be very careful with the revolver cylinder, very fragile. Also included is a K-Bar combat knife and sheath.
5 different hand options are included, open hands, a revolver hand and a larger M16 trigger hand. And a generic left grip hand that can hold the rifle or briefcase.

Overall I have to give this release from Hot Toys a 5 out of 5 stars. I might be a little bias, but I honestly can't think of anything that would make this figure better.
That's it hope you enjoyed the pictures!!! :cheers

·
Revival Machine
1,105 Posts
Oh yeah i bought mine about 3 weeks ago, and absolute keeper by all means!!! what version of joker did you get the gloves from? where did you get glasses? and last but not least thank you!

sadi

·
Registered
711 Posts
l am so suprised how asian Duke Togo looks.

Just that most anime characters drawn today lacks specific features which makes their ethnicity ambigious to the point where people would claim characters like Son Goku, Ryu from SF2, etc... aren't asian to justify hollywood's castin choices for movie adaptions base don anime.

·
All Decade's Fault
2,422 Posts
Well, there IS a Figma (1:18) scale figure of Golgo 13 comign out soon, and while it's not as fantastic as the 1/6 one, it should keep some of you happy...doesn't come with the trenchcost, but most of the stuff are the samem and it even comes with a display base/hotel room.

As to why Golgo looks distinctly asian--it's the older-gen animation and art style, I suppose. Back when all Japanese had black hair.

Heh. I suddenly remembered in the Patlabor TV series, the most asian-looking character in that series (Kanuka Clancy) was only half-Japanese, while here full-Japanese compatriots looked anything but. ^_^;;;

·
sits in a loose parts box
7,448 Posts
Very cool and the AM-01 gives me hope that there will be more Anime related things coming from HT, maybe an Akira would be cool, or HT's take on a Kerberos Panzer Cop =)

·
Uload, Dload & Payload
318 Posts
How I wish all anime/manga/manwha headsculpts were like this one!

I think I'll get me one of these.

Time for a new cabinet!

·
I've been Minimoyzed
13,940 Posts
Odd mix of regular looking clothes and gear, then add the anime headsculpt. The head looks normal around the mouth, then anime in the eyes and hair. Kind of strange.

This is a totally cool figure though.

·
Rainbow Six Vegas
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Glad you guys are enjoying the pictures.

cdn_rhino, you must not be familiar with the anime. He is a professional assassin who snipes his target from a far with an impossible shot, usually in an urban environment like the top of a skyscraper or from a highrise hotel room. He uses various alias/disguises to get in position. This is exactly how he looks, Hot Toys absolutely nailed it. It was a great anime for the time, obviously a little dated now. The manga style is very old 70-80s, looks very different than your standard "anime" now.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts