One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has any idea how many sets of the Hot Toys Bruce Wayne, Aldfred Pennysworth, Batman suit and armory chest were given or commissioned to any individual online store, or brick and mortar store for that matter. I'm asking because most online stores sold out of this item very quickly.

Is this item that popular or is it that stores only carried a small amount?

another thing I find weird is that Sideshow Collectibles still has it for sale.
Thanks.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Sideshow has been limiting how many are available to retailers and what they can sell it for to protect their own business as the exclusive Hot Toys distributor in North America.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Several dealers have posted about Sideshow crippling their business with allocations, but the dealer preorder window is still open on this one. I suspect the low case quantity (due to size) and the high price point means most dealers aren't committing to stocking much of this one, especially given the major snafus Hot Toys has committed with some recent large sets like the batmobile.

·
Registered
5,215 Posts
there asking a percentage up front fee on these and price tag is a bit pricey to buy 24 or even 12 unless your pre order s sell in that quantity now most pre orders tend people not to buy on be half the wait .

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sideshow has been limiting how many are available to retailers and what they can sell it for to protect their own business as the exclusive Hot Toys distributor in North America.
Ahh! I didn't realize retailers had to go through Sideshow. That's interesting and eye opening.

·
Procastinatus Excelentus
1,226 Posts
there asking a percentage up front fee on these and price tag is a bit pricey to buy 24 or even 12 unless your pre order s sell in that quantity now most pre orders tend people not to buy on be half the wait .
Mea Culpa.

Customer issues aside, it's sad to know that Sideshow piles more problems atop of those.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Mea Culpa.

Customer issues aside, it's sad to know that Sideshow piles more problems atop of those.
Well lets just say there are a lot of unhappy dealers out there from what I've seen, and its quite perplexing when dealers who order well in advance of deadlines have their quantities cut in half or more while a certain large US retailer has over half a million dollars in hot toys inventory shipped to them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts