One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since we likely have alot of HT buyers here, I just wanted to broadcast a positive notice about their customer service.

When assembling the Ripley figure that came with my Power Loader a few nights ago, I noticed that the post going into Ripleys left hand was a little..well, it almost looked like the plastic had been stressed a bit. I was careful inserting the post into her left wrist but sure enough as soon as I had to apply some pressure to get the hand to snap in, POP!...post and ball joint attached to the arm, and hand on the floor. :(

I emailed the customer service address at the Hot Toys website, and within 24 hours they asked me to provide a photo of the problem. When I did, they said they would immediately send me a replacement part in the mail.

Very cool. Granted, I had just spent upwards of $250 bucks on one of their items, so you expect a little customer service, but frankly its still nice when a company steps up to support their product, even if half the fault was mine (after all it was me who tried to assemble the arm!).

Just spreading a positive experience with a manufacturer, it makes it a little easier to spend $100+ per figure with them.

This is still better than BBI for me, however, as with their figures I'm almost guaranteed that no matter how much time and care I take, at LEAST one delicate item from any one of their sets will wind up broken before the figure makes it up to my shelf.

My recent aquisition of their HAHO Seal was an absolute *nightmare* for me to put together (specifically, the headset and helmet)....the headset eventually wound up in about 7 distinct pieces and in the end, only crazy-glue could save me.

·
New Clone (OSW Staff)
14,439 Posts
Yep, never had a problem with the HT sevice department. All they ask for is pic proof and they will send out a replacement. When I had a problem with my PCU seal, all I wanted was the m14 stock endplate. They sent me the entire rifle.

·
Stop-Motion Animator
3,086 Posts
bbi service story (Good)

I had purchased my first cy girl which was the jet figure. She came with gold color sun glasses. I had her on my shelf for several month and decided to use her in a movie. I took her down off the shelf and removed the sun glasses. To my surprise she had a gold color stain on her forehead that would not come of for anything. I wrote bbi and they sent me a replacment jet head.
They later gave me permission to use their cy girl figures in my movie when 21st century (remember them?) were the biggest jerks and would not let me use any of their figures or vehicles. Luckily M&C Toys came to the rescue.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And for what its worth, someone from Hot Toys emailed me thanking them for the kudos I gave the company, apparrantly in this thread, so I think its safe to say that Hot Toys is reading this forum.

In which case: MORE NAM :)

·
Dark Pokemon of the Sith
407 Posts
HeadRusch1 said:
And for what its worth, someone from Hot Toys emailed me thanking them for the kudos I gave the company, apparrantly in this thread, so I think its safe to say that Hot Toys is reading this forum.

In which case: MORE NAM :)
They definitely read our forum. My rep had read my post on QC issues even before I drew her attention to it. I think they request a pic also so there is complete clarity on the issue. I received my new Power Loader piston today. Yay!

Now if their QC can get up to speed and be as good as their Customer Service, Hot Toys will rule the world of 1/6 collectibles.

·
Dark Pokemon of the Sith
407 Posts
cryoguns said:
What's the average turn-around time to expect a reply? I sent an email on Saturday night, and no response yet as of Tuesday...
Several days. And customer service doesn't work weekends, so don't count them. Keep in mind Hong Kong is half a day ahead.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.