One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight's review covers a couple figures that were already covered by the great guest reviewer, Jeff Parker, but I was moved enough to want to do my own review as well. It's the Cannibal Jack and Davy Jones from Hot Toys in their Pirates of the Caribbean line.

Interestingly enough, one of these figures is perhaps the best 12" figure of the year, and the other is a bit of a disappointment. Which is which? Read the review to find out! You can find it at the usual:

http://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael
MWC

·
Registered
149 Posts
Nice review on the 2 POTC figs. Of the two I only own the Davey Jones and agree His clothing looks too much like a big chunk of plastic but overall Ithink I'm a little more pleased with our deep sea friend. I already have the 2nd HT Sparrow and won't be purchasing the newest version even though it looks great. The 2 sculpts don't look as fantastic to me as everyone seems to desribe them but I'm only looking at pictures and he does still look very good IMHO. I'm hoping Hot Toys continues the POTC Line,

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Michael, and Jeff both did great reviews of these figures.

But I think I even bemoaned the fact here that Davy is both out of scale and looks more like a $40.00 McFarlane 2-up than a $150 hot toys figure.

Yes, it was argued that you could only pull off his look by doing rubber and plastic....but in the end, rubber and plastic look like painted Rubber and Plastic....I dont know if an adequate solution could be found, exept he probably should have been done on one of the Predator-scaled frames to make him large.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.