One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
BBICN ONLINE
4,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all,
"Here's where the fun begins." - Han Solo

Hot Toys has always been a big fan of the iconic Star Wars saga and we are thrilled to have acquired the official right to manufacture collectibles from the Star Wars universe this year! We will bring fans a large range of high-end collectibles with movie-accurate details and stunning likeness! To kick off this incredible series, Hot Toys is very excited to introduce the 1/6th scale collectible figure of the infamous smuggler, Han Solo, from Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope!The movie-accurate collectible figure is specially crafted based on the image of Harrison Ford as Han Solo in the film and features a newly developed body, highly detailed costume, weapons, accessories, and a specially designed figure stand.

A special edition that is available for selected markets will include an additional Stormtrooper belt and blaster rifle which Han Solo has used on Death Star.

Star Wars fans don't miss the opportunity to pre-order this amazing collectible figure! More collectibles from the Star Wars universe are coming. Stay tuned!

Please kindly find the attached photos and spec below for your reference.

Hot Toys - MMS261 - Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope: 1/6th scale Han Solo Collectible Figure Specification

~ Movie Masterpiece Series ~The 1/6th scale Han Solo Collectible Figure specially features:
- Authentic and detailed likeness of Harrison Ford as Han Solo in Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- Movie-accurate facial expression with detailed wrinkles and skin texture
- Interchangeable hair sculpture with headset
- Newly developed body with over 30 points of articulations
- Approximately 30 cm tall
- Ten (10) pieces of interchangeable palms including:
- One (1) pair of relaxed palms
- One (1) pair of gloved relaxed palms
- One (1) pair of partially clenched gloved palms
- One (1) right palm for holding blaster
- One (1) left palm for supporting blaster
- One (1) right gloved palm for holding blaster
- One (1) left gloved palm for supporting blaster
- Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted

Costume:
- One (1) off-white V-neck top
- One (1) black vest
- One (1) brown belt
- One (1) brown leather blaster holster belt
- One (1) pair of navy pants with red patterns
- One (1) pair of black leather boots

Weapon:
- One (1) blaster pistol

Accessories:
- One (1) droid caller
- Specially designed figure stand with Han Solo nameplate and movie logo

Special Edition - Bonus Accessories (for selected markets only):
- One (1) Stormtrooper belt
- One (1) blaster rifle

Artists:
- Head Sculpted by Kojun
- Head Painted by JC. Hong & E-Lee
- Head Art Directed by JC. Hong
- Body Sculpted by Kojun, Mina Yu & Hyeong Seok Koh
- Costume Designed by Hai Lim

Release date: Q1 - Q2, 2015

**Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different
**Product details could be subjected to change without further notice

© & TM Lucasfilm Ltd.
© 2014 Hot Toys Limited. All Rights Reserved.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Hm. The figure itself is very nice (if almost 40 years late :D ) but the sculpt is less good. It's ok, but I think it lacks the Ford resemblance and I think I see bits of Jeff Goldblum in it.

·
August 15, 1945
473 Posts
Head sculpt is a little off.
Let's hope Hot toys will improve it later.

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
Nope, I don't see Harrison there either,

HT won't change it. As far as they're concerned he's done and they just want to sit back and watch the pre-orders come rolling in, which they invariably will. To me, HT are making stuff for THEIR fans and not those of the movies.

CHEERS!

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Wow, does this suck. "Why so serious" Han was cocky and always had kind of a smirk and a twinkle in his eye; clearly HT isn't the end-all-be-all that everyone raves about. It's pretty obvious their sculptor only knows how to make scowling faces. Not to mention this is just some random guy, and not HF. Too bad, I would have gotten this, but not at their ridiculous prices. Pass.

By the way, there's no such thing as someone having a likeness that's hard to capture. I went to art school myself (as an illustrator). You either develop the skill to draw or sculpt correctly, or you don't. Clearly this sculptor doesn't have the ability to sculpt what they see accurately.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
The figure is amazing.
Except for the head sculpt.

I'd love to upgrade my Sideshow Solo, but I'm not sure I want to spend the dough if the HS is not good enough.

·
Registered
5,655 Posts
I agree this sculpt is just not there at all. As I said before, at least I'm pretty sure the other one is Chewbacca. But I guess Harrison Ford is notoriously difficult to sculpt especially when you can't use any element of exaggeration or caricature.

People are saying that Hot Toys didn't make enough effort or just phoned this one in, but I don't think that's likely on their flagship Star Wars release. Maybe the better way to look at it is as a reminder of how difficult it is to achieve those perfect HT sculpts. So that even with all their best efforts once in a while they're still going to miss the target and you can't take it for granted.

·
Registered
7,944 Posts
Is this the same guy who sculpted Indy for HT, sure looks like it?
He hasn't gotten any better at Ford. The hue and cry was loud over that lack of likeness so don't expect any changes on this.
I always see Zach Snyder when HT does Harrison.

·
Whatever Works, Dude
2,244 Posts
Indy was sculpted by Arnie Kim, but this announcement says that Han was sculpted by Kojun. A quick google shows that Kojun also did the Christian Bale headsculpts for the assorted Nolan Batman figures, so it's not like he doesn't have skills. Why he can't get Harrison Ford right is an open question, but it's not the same sculptor.

I'm also not sure if I'm in for this figure or not. I passed on Indy mostly because I didn't care for the headsculpt and didn't think it was worth what they were asking for it. I don't see Han in there, either, and given their current prices I'm pretty sure I'll pass on this one and Chewie also. Accessories sure look good, though.

If I had to throw a wishlist out there, I'd say they could have kept the headset hairpiece and done 2 faceplates: one serious and one with Han's cocky grin on it. But if HT couldn't get the first one right, I'm not sure I'd want to see what they'd come up with for the second.

1 - 20 of 105 Posts