One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
1/6 Hoarder
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else notice the trend of eBay stores breaking up their figures all the way down to the point where neck posts, wrist pegs, and feet pegs are seperated from heads, hands, and feet?

It's getting to the point where pegs and posts and becoming rare or hard to find for a fair price. I'm surprised they still sell them in pairs.

Oh well, 1/6 is driving me broke once again and I had to vent somewhere.

·
Good Enough Never Is
712 Posts
We only have ourselves to blame. It is retarded, but I see single parts, like Predator helmets selling for more than full Sideshow figures. Hell, I just spent $60 (what used to pay for any sideshow figure with change) for the AVP Elder head just so I could get the facial quills to use on my Cleaner Kit Wolf Predator when it comes out. And I spent $65 for a Predator 2 head just to take the dreads off of it for my old Argonauts Predator 2 model (which is more accurately proportioned and still in 1/6 Hot Toys Predator scale- I hated the sculpted dreads).

Demand and supply. If you buy it, they will come.

·
ever wearing flipflops
10,477 Posts
Yep, those wrist pegs are downright hard to come by. The fact that HT wrist pegs are incompatible with any other figure doesn't help. I kind also find it kind funny to see "RARE" as a qualifier for a figure that has been out less than a week. Oh well.

·
Registered
357 Posts
We only have ourselves to blame. It is retarded, but I see single parts, like Predator helmets selling for more than full Sideshow figures. Hell, I just spent $60 (what used to pay for any sideshow figure with change) for the AVP Elder head just so I could get the facial quills to use on my Cleaner Kit Wolf Predator when it comes out. And I spent $65 for a Predator 2 head just to take the dreads off of it for my old Argonauts Predator 2 model (which is more accurately proportioned and still in 1/6 Hot Toys Predator scale- I hated the sculpted dreads).

Demand and supply. If you buy it, they will come.
:jawdropHoly **** man!

·
Registered
809 Posts
It's criminal-there ought to be a law!
(ac/dc)
It's anoying yeah.
Just bought a Raptor HS witch on the pic had a neck but the text said without.
Who reads anyway.....

·
Registered
292 Posts
There's absolutely only one thing you can do...stop buying from folks like that. The only problem is this is the way things are going now and SOMEBODY must be buying it (just like there has to be some idiot out there buying stuff in SPAM email to keep it coming).

·
Registered
104 Posts
There's absolutely only one thing you can do...stop buying from folks like that. The only problem is this is the way things are going now and SOMEBODY must be buying it (just like there has to be some idiot out there buying stuff in SPAM email to keep it coming).
One reason could be people buy one piece here and there to replace the ones they broke. Whenever I broke some small fragile parts on my figures, I will first attempt a repair. When that fails, the search on ebay begins for me.

·
blistering barnacles
600 Posts
Yeah the wrist peg thing is extremely annoying. There are people who produce semi-knockoff neck pegs and compatible feet, though, for cheaper. I say semi-knockoff because they're slightly different sculpts and designs, not just recasts. A few of the better US-based webstores have them, usually in the nude figures sections.

But the wrist peg thing is a pain. I don't bother with a nude Hot Toys figure anymore if he doesn't come with at least those.

·
fortuna favet fortibus
2,313 Posts
Me too..no more HT nudes for me but I am a HT sculpt collector so those darn neck joints are a must buy and they are expensive.. for bodies..I like BS as a replacement, though a little brittle, it suffices for now. Now I am thinking of getting Soldier Story nudes to try them out..

·
Jawa
1,593 Posts
Those Dr. Figures gloved hands from StoreRooms.com come with both BBi G3 style and Hot Toys style wrist pegs. I've got a bunch now for when I buy Hot Toys nude figures.

Also, GoodStuffToGo.com has Hot Toys compatible feet with ankle pegs - I think they are made by Saturday Toys (or they are at least under that section).

It's extremely annoying that the parts are so expensive and must be bought separately, but thankfully Hot Toys are coming out with some new TrueType bodies (finally), so hopefully the prices will come down.

·
Zombie Slayer 1st Class
231 Posts
I've noticed that most of the guilty sellers are located in Hong Kong. I'm torn between the idea that they are selling items that didn't make it through QC at the factory or they are buying the items in bulk that are leftover from production runs and selling them on ebay. I just can't see them buying complete figures and breaking them completly down for resale.

·
AKA Silent G
637 Posts
It has nothing to do with QC, it is solely profit.

The Ebay Dealers who part out HT figures have to recoup their money, and the only way to do that on a parted out figure is to get as much money back per item as possible. The reason we have not seen this annoying trend until now is that the HT body can be broken down so much unlike DML or BBI. They piecemeal it down to every last part (Thank God they don't because it could be worse) and sell each piece. Its solely profit and how much money they can bilk out of the collector per part and shipping.

The thing these dealers don't realize, is that by not including the neck post, ankle balls and wrist posts on a figure that if incompatable with others, is that people come in and buy up all the wrist posts and such, and in the end this leaves these collectors with a ton of USELESS bodies. They need to either keep the posts with the gloves or on the body, either one, even if they wanted to up the price on it, fine, that would be more acceptable than what they currently do.

Another thing that I have noticed, particularly this morning, is that one dealer on ebay, parted out the new 75th Ranger SAW w/ the Ed Norton head, and they popped the head off the neck post, but the idiot in doing do cracked the head along the neck. This would not be such an issue if they would take care in doing so, such as heating the parts first, but now this seller is selling damaged merchandise.

Basically, its not gonna end, and the only people we will see any decent parting practices from are going to be U.S. Dealers, who either part the figure reasonably, or sell it whole... well at least some U.S. dealers, not to name names.

·
BioChem Division
1,207 Posts
i agree. its kinda dumb to sell gloves with no pins because the hot toys wrist/pin size is a proprietary one and can only fit HT without major mods.

ive gotten used to the body parting out phenomenon because ive found a way to circumvent it by only buying the main body for fairly low price (average $15-16 for a HT TT body), then make/mod my own joints for it.

so if you are handy with making ball joint modifications and dont mind the extra work, the "piecemealing" trend becomes more of a blessing in disguise (pricewise). for me at least.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts