One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently picked up the Hot Stuff 2.0 "Hot Toys neck joint" body and decided to snap a few pics with the Hot Toys female headsculpts I have and give my opinion on it.

Compared to their first release, the fingers and toes are vastly improved but I still find the fingers a bit difficult to work with.
The seam lines on the sides are noticeable but nothing too terrible.
The body's physique is identical to the first version if I'm not mistaken and I do find it a lot more aesthetically pleasing than Phicen's offerings.
The articulation points are the same but joints do feel sturdier than the original release.

My biggest complain is that it still doesn't have much of a poseable neck post.
It still has that weird oily / stick feel to it and it collect dust and bits of foam from it's packaging very easily, hence the wet look in the first pic
Also the skintone seems different in person than what they've advertised. It's a lot more pinkish and orange as opposed to the darker brown tan colour their promo pictures had me believe and doesn't really match HT's Ada headsculpt as well as I hoped it would. I did use Photoshop to minimize the difference in the following pics.

·
Registered
724 Posts
So some HT heads sit better than others? Could you post some photos that haven't had the photoshop treatment.

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Nice looking figure. What is the cost for one of these figures compared to Phicen?
I have this one on preorder for $119, but I've seen them listed for as high as $140. About $30 - 40 (USD) more, without a head; compared to the non-character/themed Phicen figures that come with a head. Now the new metal skeleton Phicens are more expensive, so the cost difference is now only about $10 - 30, or even the same, depending on where you get it. On the upside, I believe the Hot Stuff bodies have a much more "natural" look to them, and aside from the missing head, they are truly "seamless" (no ugly ankle joints, like Phicen, or wrist joints). Major drawback is the hands, being the bendy type, are hard to make look natural, and, at least on 1.0, can't hold on to anything with any amount of weight.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One of these cost almost as much 2 Phicens, so yea they are a bit pricy

It matches the older HT skintones better like Jill

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
I noticed that it seems to match one of the heads better than the others- I guess it works better with the older skin tone heads (didn't realize there was a difference).

No doubt about it, these bodies look nice, and you've shown this one well. To my way of thinking, I don't seem to mind the seam or joint at the wrist; I can deal with it in exchange for hands that can hold things or be in useful poses.

For me, it's the seamless ankles that look really good, and add a lot to the overall look of the figure. My only concern would be in finding a variety of shoes that would fit these feet. Not only in the fit of the shoes, but putting some types on and taking them off might be a challenge.

Have you tried different shoes and boots on these bodies yet?

·
1/6 Hunter
73 Posts
Great article and great pics!! Thinking of getting the new hot stuff for my chloe but have to wait till the dealer I go to gets them, here's a quick pic of my chloe, T**s are out cause I did the nipple blushing today so wanna make sure they are dry before the top gets folded down lol

·
Registered
5,139 Posts
Very nice indeed....but for the price I will pass on this and the new metal structure Phicen. But I will admit that is probably the nicest female body I have seen.

·
Registered
336 Posts
the seamline is so visible... I just bought my first Phicen (tan medium), and I think Phicen seamline is more smooth...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts