One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always been fascinated with the MP5 and would love to do a bash of a military member using one. Question is, do any of our spec op or even regular guys use them? Let me know.

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, that is definitively not a SEAl, looking at that jelly centered fella holdin the MP5 I would say he is Air Force. At least I now see a soldier of some type with one, and know that it is not just a law enforcement weapon.

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Going back to Blake13's pic, on a side note, is there out there some super website of photos of military types using modern or even not so modern equipment? I see a whole lot of real photos going along with bashes, and know that all these guys cannot be searching the web all over.

·
I'm kind of a big deal
358 Posts
I look at a lot of pics on militaryphotos.net, but it wasn't working properly for me today.

Forgot about the USMC. Actually remember a pic in Soldier Of Fortune magazine, with a marine holding an mp5.

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
I have seen some guys in the early Enduring Freedom days with them and a few Army C.I.D. guys in Iraq carrying them but not many are used due to limited range and small caliber. Some contractors buy them because they are easy to carry in vehicles or when driving. A bash with one wouldn't be inaccurate. I have one on a SAS sniper figure I bashed as a back up weapon.

·
Average Guy
2,324 Posts
You could give just about anyone an MP5 and not be wrong. They are pretty wide spread, a lot of contractors use them as well as members of the IC, both civilian and military. We had a lot of them when I was in Iraq, and while I love shooting the MP5, its a submachine gun and I always carried the M4 when we went somewhere.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
MP5 use

I was going to stay out of this but I can't.

Note the latest photos of MP5 use is the PSD for a general (typically MP's unless the General ignores protocol, has a lot of pull or there is a "special" reason for others to do it).

The MP5 is a great weapon. It was IT in the late 80's into the 90's especially among special ops. Primary reason was its suppressed performance and multitude of variations available. The round though leaves a little to be desired. Though it is present in a FEW arms rooms it serves primarily a familiarization purpose (you'll find Galil's, SVD's, SLR's, G3's and AKs in certain arms rooms for the same reason). Most guys who expect to have to shoot someone are going to opt for an M4 over an MP5.

I've done dozens of shows ('05 - '07) and my displays have been corrected at Bragg, Hurlburt and MacDill specifically for the use of MP5s. To a man it was stressed that MP5s were NOT used. All these guys knew what they were talking about and were not JOFO's (note the bases mentioned).

The last fellas that asked me ('06) to use MP5s were little bird drivers (from Campbell), Personal Security troops and DSA (Belvoir).

Saddam spent a lot of money on weapons and MP5s were not uncommon among his personal security types and republican guard (heck my company confiscated a couple in '91). So if you see soldiers carrying MP5s keep that in mind.

Bashing a CURRENT soldier with an MP5 is about as accurate as bashing one with an AK47. I'm sure someone is carrying one.

·
A Stickler for Accuracy
4,365 Posts
I'm with Major Rod and bm. Given the choice, most guys who might need to shoot somebody, and have the choice will pick the M4 over the MP5. Nothing aginst ths H&K, it's just that a rifle cartridge in a compact, controllable package generally trumps the pistol cartridge in a slightly smaller configuration. I know of at least one SFODA that has it's medics as the primary drivers armed with short barrelled M4s.

This is not to say that they aren't in use: our drivers used them in '02 in OEF for the first couple of missions, then switched back to their M4s. Just be aware that an M4 is a better choice. If you need any proof, Delta uses M4s over MP5s. 'Nuff said.

Also, shaun, could you please edit the pics to conceal the PSD members' faces and names? I'm sure that they have have been posted elsewhere, but any little bit of OPSEC helps.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.