One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
100% Funky
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many of you show figures here with enough firepower to be considered one-man armies. This figure holds what may be a power even greater than the biggest gun—the vote. The 14th Amendment to the Constitution gave African Americans the rights and privileges of citizenship. The 15th Amendment gave African American men the right to vote. Both amendments were specifically passed to grant blacks a measure of equality. They used the newfound power of the ballot to elect black politicians and their white Radical Republican supporters to local, state, and national offices. During the period of Radical Reconstruction, African Americans, in some states, constituted the majority of state legislatures and forged some of the most progressive social programs the south had ever known. Unfortunately, their time in power was fleeting and the “old south” was eventually redeemed. By the beginning of the 20h century, most African Americans had been disfranchised and would have to fight a long and bloody civil rights struggle to reclaim a promise that had been guaranteed by the Constitution many decades earlier.

Attachments

·
Registered
484 Posts
HTanner, excellent work as always. I always enjoy seeing your customs because I know they mean a lot. It's refreshing to see someone customize a figure out of the norm and focusing on a lot of the heroes we take for granted. I just want to say that sharing your work with us is much appreciated. Keep up the great work. Can't wait to see who you'll do next!

·
100% Funky
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I should have dated this figure. This would be 1866 somewhere in the deep South. He still wears his union army pants as a symbol of fighting for his liberty and his eventual freedom. Thanks for looking and speciald ups to you customdawg, I am honored.

·
One-Hicks Scale
739 Posts
another excellent figure with an easy-to-read, educational backgrounder. that ballot box is a cool accessory for a very creative concept in action figuring.
if he's voting for best action figure, you probably will win.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Outstanding and thought-provoking as ever, htanner. You're a relentless force for intelligent ideas.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.