One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Resident 'NAM nut
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hill 875 - Initial Assault
I didn't get to do everything I wanted with this, it was supposed to be an entirely indoor diorama that took up an entire table, but I moved to a new apartment while working on this and it had to take the back seat for a bit. Luckily I had finished the bunker before the move and was able to get outdoor pictures.

My entry is based on the first assault of Hill 875. I used the documentary "Combat Zone - Hill 875" and pictures for reference. I took a few liberties with the bunkers (going off few pictures and descriptions in the documentary) and the NVA, not many pictures of either of these things are available on the internet. I decided to go with the initial assault since it wouldn't require as many fallen trees and the area could still be full of vegetation.

Bunker reference

American reference

Documentary -

My entry - Thread with more pictures including full figure pictures of the Americans and the NVA -

I do have a lot of NVA going on in this but I'm deciding to enter the American themed part of the contest

[URL=http://s1070.photobucket.com/user/ImperialDeathTrooper/media/bed09f62-a402-42b1-844b-a07c70b2aa54_zpseqxtjmp9.jpg.html]

Figure shots

[URL=http://s1070.photobucket.com/user/ImperialDeathTrooper/media/f6c6a411-fc77-42ae-98e6-af010758b486_zpspikv8r19.jpg.html]

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Terrific photography and use of terrain, and great figures. The anxiety and tension of the fight grab you, and the nature of fighting on a steep uphill grade, in thick jungle growth is about as effectively done here, as anywhere I have seen. Just all kinds of good, JWP.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Could this be nominated for the KoTM? If so, I'd like to.

What an amazing setup, figures, pictures etc!!!

·
volunteercontentprovider
2,824 Posts
Wow, that is outstanding!! I think it's much better shot outdoors - you just can't beat the lighting. That bunker is perfect and your US and VC troops have a ton of character. Lotta familiar faces on those VCs!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Woww !!!

Just one word....

Excellent !!

I can see you've put a lot of time and creativity in your dio. Not to say the photo work looks Professional :thumb

·
Resident 'NAM nut
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you all for the comments, it's been at least a year or two since I've taken my figures outside for a shoot, and this is a diorama I've wanted to do for a few years now. I'm glad they're getting this kind of response :woohoo

Could this be nominated for the KoTM? If so, I'd like to.

What an amazing setup, figures, pictures etc!!!
Thanks PitViper, that really means a lot :thumb

I know I haven't been too active recently, but I have some more stuff close to being finished that I'll be able to share in the next few months.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Very well done. Excellent outdoor location,great figures and posed convincingly. All around excellent.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Beautiful work man! Amazing photography and set up, you can really feel the tension of a fight under the triple canopy! The poses are great of realism, and I really like the choice of headsculpts which capture very well the youth of these soldiers... Brilliant!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts