One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Conqueror of Miklagard
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi there!

After been lurking for a while, I have finally decided to de-lurk and introduce myself in this great place.

Sorry for my possible mistakes: tried to read all the rules and quite a lot of the old post, but for sure a lot of info has scaped me. And also sorry for my English... Not only it is not my 1st language, it is not even my 2nd one!

Well, I am a non-Belgian Brussels based lawyer extraordinaire (ehem!) and amateur Historian. I am interested in all things Norse in special and Dark Ages in general... and also in Fantasy, swords and armor, krav maga, music(s) from the world, malt Whisky, beer and... well, y'know: 1/6th.

My skills for customization are non-existant, period. So I am limited to choose and pick the figures I like the most, to do some pure vanilla kitbashing (brute force method... just putting what I think are high end complements together over a more or less nice figure and read a lot of tutorials especially on painting and customizing). In a nutshell: I'm a n00b!

Now I would like even to dare showing you a couple of the members of my merry band of Norse warriors: Kolskeggr Hámundarson and his dog Sámr (around 1000 A.D.).

Kolskeggr the Icelander was the son of Hámundur Gunnarsson and Rannveig Sigfúsdóttur. He had two brothers, the great hero Gunnar and Hjörtur, and one sister named Arngunnur.

Here this warrior appears armed with his deceased brother's famous 'atgeirr' (a halberd), and accompanied by the fierce dog Sámr, a gift from the sovereign of Holmgard (Novgorod). After the blood feud following the killing of his brother Gunnar, he has left Iceland and taken the Varangian way. He fights now for the Emperor of Miklagard (Constantinople) in the ranks of his trusted Varangian guards.

Apart from the atgeirr, his other weapons of choice are a sax and a mace. In fact, Kolskeggr's skill with the sax is not to be underrated: One of the more memorable descriptions of the use of a sax in a fight occurs in Brennu-Njáls saga, at the fight on the Rangá described in chapter 63. Kolr thrust at Kolskeggr with his spear while Kolskeggr had his hands full with other opponents. The spear went through Koskegg's thigh. Kolskeggr stepped forward and cut off Kol's leg with his sax, and he asked, "Did that hit you or not?"

Kolr replied that it was what he deserved for not shielding himself. He stood looking at his leg stump.

Kolskeggr said, "You don't need to look: it's just as you think, the leg is gone." Then Kolr fell down dead.

The figures:

Kolskeggr --> DID Carnot and Sámr --> Laika by Dragon.
Most of the items are plain Ignite, except the leather leggings (former propierty of Hot Toys The Terminator Sergeant Tech-Com Kyle Reese) and the cloak (Dragon, from Olaf, with a little golden button).

So... thank you very much for everything I am learning here. And for the great fun, too!

·
Registered
5,123 Posts
Welcome Hartza! Kolskeggur and Sámr looks great together! Nice custom on the Headsculpt and the gears!!!

And I definitely luv this:
Kolskeggr said, "You don't need to look: it's just as you think, the leg is gone." Then Kolr fell down dead.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
A hearty welcome to OSWgaard, Hartza, Conqueror of Miklagard! Your figure is as impressive as your other interests. Clever useage of the USCM parts, they look like leather armour.
In these halls, all are brothers and sisters, and that includes even lawyers, LOL. Just ask Bull, who has caused it to be writ on the stone of every courtroom in the Great North, "The lawyers are coming! God save us from the fury of the litigators!".

·
Registered
48 Posts
Real nice man.
I havent had one of my Vikes here [yet] However you have done some nice work here.
I know my work in one sixth would pale when compared. However intrest within the old norse and saxxon world is high.
I myself am a member of a living history group known as The Vikings North America.
so i pride myself on my knowladge . and my one one scale stuff is ok.
you have built a nice viking here . a few minor inacuracy,s but overall pretty cool stuff.
i myself have doner as you and built my war band out of parts i viked from other kits.
as in my own thoughts..no one single co, has gotten it completely right.
but you know what its still fun.
nice work !!!

odwinn wulframsson

·
Welcome to my Life....
1,081 Posts
Welcome aboard, very nice figure, the kind i wish we would see more of around here.

·
The Mighty Boosh
8,425 Posts
Welcome aboard - Nice looking Vikings!

I come from the North East of England which used to be part of the Danelaw. There are still a few Norse words in use there today.

David.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Ah more members of the horde!!! Looking good. Check out Fantasy Net for more lurking/posting. You'll like what you find there.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.