One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
A complete Six maniac!!
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have put these few pics up for two reasons,
The first is to show off my new Barrack Sgt figure, which i'm delighted with, and to show how easily and naturally posed he is.
...and the second is to show off the tiny action man (well actually it's a gi joe) ....and the tiny spitfire.
....and of course, Billy's Bay City Roller trousers :lol:
I haven't gone for accuracy here, merely to show off the BS figure, and toys.

In 'friendly' areas of N.Ireland, the soldiers brought excitement for us as children, i myself, can remember them letting us look through their rifle sights, and they were always very pleasant.
Great memories, at a terrible time in our history.
"Look Soldier, see my action man"?

"I wanna be in the army, when i grow up Mister"

"Look,..i've got a spitfire too"

"Ok soldier,..bye,....be careful"

Neil.

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
Heh, have a gander at the link in his signature and you'll see his RUC armoured Landie, its a beauty to behold.

Lovely and mesmerizing vignette to behold Ulsterman. Thank you for sharing it and your memories, its a real treat to look at, as was your other recent work with the catapult :p

·
The Mighty Boosh
8,425 Posts
Neil, your dio's always show great craftsmanship, humanity and WIT!

(And, apparently, a bottomless drawer of spare kit - I mean, where do you find a 1/6th scale 1/6th scales figure? Fantastic work Neil :banana

(And as Saiko said, follow the link to be amazed by Neil's 1/6th Landie).

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
I have several reactions to this thread:

_ Fine presentation, you've delivered a true short story with lots of sharp details. You truly breathed life into your figures.

_ Those pants....yikes.

_ Your casual mention of
.....The first is to show off my new Barrack Sgt figure, which i'm delighted with, and to show how easily and naturally posed he is.
- Hold on, not so fast. What's the story there? Is it now available, or did you manage a sort of coup? 'Fess up!

·
A complete Six maniac!!
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi Folks, Thanks for the feedback,...it really was only done for a laugh, and show the litte items.
First of all, the little Joe is a 2 inch mini beach-head assault figure,..he would be in perfect scale as a toy for the child figure,...so as David says,...it's a 1/6th-1/6th Gi Joe.;)
He was available a while back for the 40th annivarsary of Joe, and they came as Soldier, Sailor and airman,
They really are beautiful little items,...and he even has a scar!!!:rolling
The Spitfire was taken from a key-ring.
PK, as for the pants,...Come on now,..don't you remember the BAY CITY ROLLERS???????...1970's sensations from Scotland...:grinroll
And as for the BS figure,....sorry mate, i meant just the figure itself, the combats are armoury, and flak is EBT, and the helmet was made from the Hong Kong Biker.
I am really pleased with articulation of the BS figure, and will definately get some more.
Thanks again.
Neil.

·
Who loves ya baby!
7,037 Posts
Hey Neil! This is really great, fantastic poses, wonderfully captured, and as with all your work very touching. You have a great knack for storytelling in your pics and your figures are always extrememly lifelike, something not always so easy to do yet yours always seem perfect. Great stuff indeed Neil, you need to post ALL your work... unless you want me over there :knock :lol
Fantastic Neil, really enjoy seeing your creativity, humor, wit and style :thumb
-mike-

·
Welcome to my Life....
1,081 Posts
Great presentation, i always look forward to your posts.

·
A complete Six maniac!!
2,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The Gi Joe was a 40th commemorative item, which was available a few years back.
He comes with a box and all the paperwork, although the box isn't in scale, but the wee figure is.
The spitfire was a keyring. :D
Here is the box.
The Gi Joe is very well detailed, with removeable tanks, and canteen,...and he has the scar on his right cheek!!:lol
Sorry about the poor photo.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts