One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Who loves ya baby!
7,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys! Here is my take on Hercule Poirot, the fictional detective from the Agatha Christie novels and tv and movie fame. Just a simple bash but hope you will like him. When i showed him to my friend Roger he commented that he reminded him of the Ian Holm version in 'Murder by the Book". Hadnt seen that version and i couldnt find any ref pics to compare. My favorite version is the one played by David Suchet and thats sort of what i was going for but either way i hope you will like my take on the famous private detective Hercule Poirot!
Thanks!
-mike-

Parts breaksdown:

Suit - dml (dyed it to a darker shade)
Shirt - dml with custom collar
Vest - scratch made using a vintage silk tie
Bow Tie - scratch made from a vintage tie
Watch Chain - old necklace
Gloves - DiD
Shoes - yamato
Cane - DiD
Carnation - hobby lobby
Glasses - dml with black string added
Pocket Square - white silk scrap
Body - Dml Chan (slim body)
Fat Suit - Sideshow
HS - dml Dennis with scratch made 'stache

·
Registered
433 Posts
Great work-you got all the details. Even the mustache is dead on:thumb

I have not watched the series forever but do remember him getting miffed when someone mistook him as a Frenchman. Great show.

Good memories-thanks!

·
Who loves ya baby!
7,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HI WaffenGuy and thanks so much!! THat mustache took ages to get right lol, its so small and i must have done a hundred mock ups to get it just right, Poirot is so fastidious i tried to get it as close to his as possible, glad y ou liked it! Youre right, he would always get miffed when someone mistook him for a Frenchman! It surely was a great show and quite often ill pop one of the Suchet series dvds on a rainy day.
Glad you enjoyed, thanks!!!
-mike-

·
Who loves ya baby!
7,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Kenneth and thanks! The Stache was quite hard and i tried many ideas. This one i did by putting a drop of superglue on a scrap of white t-shirt. Once it dried i traced out the Stache pattern, then cut it out and then painted it black, added some backing and glued it on.
Thanks Kenneth!!
-mike-

·
Who loves ya baby!
7,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi Blain and thanks man!! Really glad you liked him! Not sure if he'd ever been bashed before but he's been on my mind to bash for sometime as he has always been a favorite character of mine. The hardest part was trimming that mustache! Thanks Blain!!

Hi Ivan and thanks once again my friend!! Really glad you like him and also the headsculpt as well. I darkened the hair and eyebrows to black and once i got the mustache made i was pretty excited with how he looked. Thanks so much Ivan!

Hi Nomalerw thank so much! Im a huge David Suchet an also and have just about all of the seires on Dvd, its very enjoyable and great viewing. Maybe later i can try and tackle a Hastings character, they make a great team. Really glad you liked him, thank you!!

Thanks guys!!
-mike-

·
Who loves ya baby!
7,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi Leo and thanks so much!! I followed the episodes on A&E also, taped them and then once the dvd's came out i started buying those, and one day id like to have them all. David Suchet played the role so well and was so enthralling to watch, loved it, really enjoyed the entire series.
Thanks once again Leo!!
-mike-

·
Who loves ya baby!
7,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi C Phan and thank you very much and glad you enjoyed my Poirot bash! Didnt know that about the viewers in France, i think here the show was really very popular with most age groups. Really appreciate the kind comments. Merci beaucoup!!
-mike-

1 - 20 of 106 Posts