One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
AKA "ChiliDoug"
7,541 Posts
You can soak the clothing in water and put them on the body while still wet. That way, you can drape the clothing a bit more naturally and as you see fit. The clothes tend to hang or drape better that way.

Also consider making the water solution with about a 1/8 white glue (elmers or tacky glue) that way you can shape the clothing the way you want, placing the folds in the most realistic of ways. And when it dires, it will hold that shape. It's almost like starching it.

Also, brand new uniforms are just that...new. Take some sandpaper to them or wash them a few times to loosen 'em up a bit. The cotton (or whatever it's made with) needs to be broken in, and that will get rid of much of the puffy-ness.

Hope that helps,

doug

·
i draw pictures.....
2,045 Posts
dude
hairspray......yes!! hairspray!
spray until clothes are soaked on figure
let it dry.....then use hot/warm (with brush/spraybottle) water to shape realistic folds and
'drags' let it dry again. this method works beautifully dude.

·
WWII Guy
1,418 Posts
Boba,

This is what I do

1st wash the clothes in hot tap water with dish soap. I scrub them on the drain board its under the wire thing next to the sink that the wife puts dishes in to dry. This will also fade the uni a little and take away that "just in from the world" look.

second dry them in the dryer but only for 15 to 20 mins max preferably with other clothes in the dryer - should you get them too hot they may wrinkle up - don't panic they make some spray you can get fron the grocery store that will remove the wrinkles. I use the stuff to wet down the uni after i get it dressed and it will get the uniform to drape much better and will stiffen the fabric so you can weather it but not stick it in 1 place for ever- the big drawback with hairspray once you use it rthe figure can only be posed in one pose not my idea of an action figure......

Cya,
Hankster

1 - 7 of 7 Posts