One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to disable and swap a few body parts of HOT TOYS bodies - Battle Angel Alita.
Unlike other 1/6 scale bodies, HOT TOYS bodies do not have visible assembly points or screws.
I'm tying to avoid completely trashing a body unless I have too.

I've been searching on OSW, YouTube and other forums for any tear down instructions, but no joy.
I would appreciate it anyone can share tips. Thanks in advance.

· Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What are you looking to do? I've swapped some leg parts below the knee which is fairly simple.
Sorry for the late response. I didn't get an alert that there was a reply to this thread.

Im doing an above the waist separation of the lower and upper torso.

It appears to be barbell peg connecting the two, but I can't be sure without tearing it in half.

· I've been Minimoyzed
14,304 Posts
I haven't seen the Alita figure yet, so I don't know how it's made. I'm asuming the same as the regular bodies.

The Hot Toys bodies should have the little plugs in the screw holes. The plugs pop out easily (usually) with a small screwdriver or pick. Then you can unscrew the torsos, legs, shoulder joints etc... They have been really good over the years to make the bodies as modular as possible. Probably helps in manufacturing them as well, so they only have to make a few new parts when a new figure comes out. They even did it on the sculpted bodies like the Predators, so I imagine Alita is a similar set up with the android body.

Damtoys, Soldier Story, and E&S use similar methods as well.

I'll see if I can snap a few pics of some bodies later today to show where/how they come apart.

· Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the offer and Happy New Year!

The body for Alita is different than the standard bodies. Like you mentioned, I started off looking for screw holes and or plugs that hide them. I've looked at the obvious and not so obvious spots and I cannot find any. Pretty clever engineering.

What I can see is that the torso is made of three separate parts each appear connecting by a barbell peg. I was able to separate the lower body from the upper torsos.

Now my next step is to remove the arms without breaking them. I haven't been able to disassemble the arms using the usual methods. This one is a puzzle for sure.

I haven't seen the Alita figure yet, so I don't know how it's made. I'm asuming the same as the regular bodies.

The Hot Toys bodies should have the little plugs in the screw holes. The plugs pop out easily (usually) with a small screwdriver or pick. Then you can unscrew the torsos, legs, shoulder joints etc... They have been really good over the years to make the bodies as modular as possible. Probably helps in manufacturing them as well, so they only have to make a few new parts when a new figure comes out. They even did it on the sculpted bodies like the Predators, so I imagine Alita is a similar set up with the android body.

Damtoys, Soldier Story, and E&S use similar methods as well.

I'll see if I can snap a few pics of some bodies later today to show where/how they come apart.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts