One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
A Stickler for Accuracy
4,365 Posts
Stop! (where's a flippin' smilie with a stop sign when you need it!?;)) Please do not cut anything. You absolutely do not want to remove/permanently alter something that you find later to be vital to the proper wear/fit/function of your bloke's equipment. First off, I can answer questions on US Army HALO, but don't claim to be conversant with SAS HALO ops. That being said, some things will likely be apparent after a close examination of the gear in question. Can you post pictures of the "confounding kit"? If you can do that, I'm sure that we can draw some conclusions as to how things go together. At the minimum, you might see the problem from a different angle that will help you to figure out the best way to proceed.

One thing to remember, the good people at Hot Toys and the other companies are not necessarrily experts on the products they produce, so some 1:6 fasteners and connectors may have no actual counterpart the 1:1 world.

Roger that LZ, I bet you would! Would I be heading in the right direction if I cut the strings around the hooks leading from the pack to the HALO harness?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think I got mates. It looks like the clasp leading from the pack to the HALO harness go to the top buckles. ( I found a photo of the figure on the Toy Square) These clasps are tied with a tiny string that holds the clasps together. Without untying the string the clasps will not open. So maybe untie the strings and then tie them back when they are attached to the HALO harness? There is no tension on the clasps that attach to the HALO harness. To be real honest, once I figure this out, I plan on taking all the HALO stuff and turning him into a ground pounder. I'll give the photos a shot and try to post them tonight! Thanks guys you're the greatest!

·
Pimpin' ain't easy
4,169 Posts
I'll take the HALO gear.....I have lots of experience with it

The clasps will hook up without taking the thread off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts