One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
mim trying to build a m113a3 apc. and i want it to be 1/6th correct, so what would the measurments of it be in inches? like height, length, and width. thanks

·
Registered
255 Posts
What I did, was take the line drawings from a 1/35 scale kit and had them blown up to 1/6 scale (or as near as possible) to use as a template. The cost was minimal and the drawings at that size give you the ability to guage if your part is the right size prior to getting too deep into assembly.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
heres what ive got so far since the other day. the measurements were a big help. ive been studying primeportal for the last 2 or 3 months. next thing will be the roof but i wont glue it on so i can do the inside. then the suspension. my only worry is running out of good cardboard. thanx for the help guys

Attachments

·
Registered
422 Posts
It's looking pretty good. You might want to take a look at mattboard as well. The stuff they use for matting photos and such. It comes in a variety of colors, takes paint decently and with a little bit of reinforcing, rather sturdy.

It can be found at any art store, or AC Moores.

John

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
m113a3 update build

well heres the latest update on my m113a3. ive raided the trash cans for this one i admit. im currently not working so imy funds are very limited. but the hard part of the build i think is over, now the fun stuff.

Attachments

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
This is a RainbowAvenue-class project, and you've done some flat impressive fabricating, mattlocke06. I really like the onesix fabricator, complete with torch rig, sleeves and apron.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts