One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
volunteercontentprovider
2,824 Posts
You mean the ones in the crew cabin? I know Casual Collector did a build of the crew benches for a Huey, but I don't think anyone has done the ones on the OH-6. There are also a few people on Shapeways doing 1/6 helicopter parts (some cheaper than others), but a quick search didn't turn anything up.

Here's a link to a nice walkaround: OH-6 Cayuse Walkaround | Rotor Toni

Not sure what era you're going for but if you need more reference photos for the Vietnam era Loach I have LOTS!!! Shoot me a PM with your email and I can send you what I have. :)

·
I've been Minimoyzed
14,378 Posts
Thanks Crushader, I think your pics look better than when I originally posted them here.

They would be great as a reference, but as of right now, they are unusable in the 21C MH-6 Little Bird as it comes out of the box. The biggest issue with these prototypes are the resin is really twisted and would have to be straightened first before I could do any casting/re-manufacturing of these. It's also really brittle. They give a good reference for size with the scale I added in the pics.

christopher88 this would be an important aspect to think about when modding your MH-6J Little bird. The most important thing is you would have to completely rework the landing gear skids on the helicopter to add any bench seats to the Little Bird if it is to be sitting on the skids. Mine is wrecked on the port side because of this. The weight of the helicopter alone is enough to splay the skids out to the side. Add some pilots, benches and up to 4 soldiers on the benches, and it had better be hung from your ceiling, because the skids will get flattened with all that weight, especially if you live somewhere warm, or have a heat vent/radiator nearby, or some direct sunlight on it. The skids were never designed for that much extra weight. That alone is a big reason why I haven't moved ahead with the project of making them (and I was crazy busy the last few years with work and family projects). It's probably why 21st Century Toys never produced any of them in the Little Bird helicopter variants, but may have been an upcoming option before the company went under/stopped it's 1:6 ventures. Sixth Scale could probably provide a bit more insight to that history than I can.

These might help too.

MH-6 Little Bird Benches

A History of 21st Century Toys (3/22: Inventory Complete!!!!!!)

21st Century Little Bird

·
I've been Minimoyzed
14,378 Posts
Cdn_rhino do you by chance have 3d prints of the benches? I'm about 2 decades late to the 1/6 party
It's interesting you that you've brought this up right now, as I've been going through some old stuff.

I had tried to flatten out the bench seat supports from this set, but they never flattened out by adding heat, so recasting the resin parts got put on the back burner, and then forgotten due to life getting busy, and a short "sabbatical" from the hobby. I didn't want to ruin the original casts, so I stopped messing with these little bits of historical reference.

That said, I have been getting back into the hobby again, and looking more and more into a 3D printed option as a replacement. But not just the bench seats, a complete reinforcement kit for the helicopter so it can be displayed without crushing the landing gear skids. That's mentioned in my previous post. The toy was never designed to handle that much weight added to it. I just haven't sat down to figure out the program for 3D printing yet, and I need to get a printer large enough to do the job, or contract out to get the parts printed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts