One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Pimpin' ain't easy
4,169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this Kepi today (off ebay) and I don't like the small ripple in the bill. In the pic the ripple is just right of the center of the bill.

I want to get a slight curve to the bill like in this pic.

What would be the best way to go about doing it?
Thanks for any help you're able to give.

Almost forgot. If you want an excellently made 1:1 Kepi the seller is: cowboy86
Here's a description and they don't hold back on quality. It is exactly as described.

This is a CIVIL WAR UNION OFFICERS KEPI. It is SIZE LARGE. It is NEW. It is made from 19 OUNCE FIELD GRADE 100% NAVY BLUE WOOL. The Kepi has Two Rows of Braid which is Correct for CAPTAIN Rank. The Braid is the CORRECT REGULATION BLACK BRAID. It is fully lined with Cotton Cloth as the originals. The BILL, CHIN STRAP and SWEATBAND are GENUINE LEATHER. The Bill also has the Correct Leather Bound Edge. The Buttons are Genuine Brass in the Correct Union Eagle Style. The Chin Strap Slider is Solid Brass. This Kepi is Correct in All Details. This is an EXCELLENT QUALITY KEPI and is VERY AUTHENTIC. This KEPI is BRAND NEW and NEVER WORN.

Here's the auction:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130239398006

·
Eagle Eye Joe
2,578 Posts
The kepi in the second pic looks like "patent" leather, maybe even plastic like those "Stacy" shoes you can get at Payless. To your question: If the bill is real leather, or solid leather, or even if it's leather covering cardboard you can do this:
Get the leather wet, through and through. Get a rubber band and wrap it around the bill to get the curve you're looking for. You can use string too, or just your hand. Anyway, once you have the curve you want, get a blowdryer and set it on the hottest setting and start drying it. The idea is to get the leather to dry in that position as fast as you can. You can repeat if you need to. I did this with a kepi I bought from ebay several years ago and it worked for me. Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.