One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
1:6 collector
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I wonder if anyone else had the same issue as I did, and whether you have any tips.

Although I told myself that my Sideshow Vader Deluxe was good enough and I didn't need any of the new Hot Toys Vaders, I did gradually help myself to various pieces of Hot Toys Vader MMS 279, including the excellent interrogation droid. I managed to get all the tools into the appropriate openings, but the bigger claw, which is supposed to stick out of the opening on the side of the droid's "crown" would not plug in securely or deeply enough. I verified exactly where it is supposed to fit and saw the tiny cutaway in the plastic, but I just couldn't get it in quite right, so now it sticks out too much. It also falls out with extreme ease, unless attached with the tiniest of super glue drops. Because even when I have been careful I have been breaking things lately, I did not want to push too much. I considered cutting off part of the claw's handle, but I hate to make this sort of alterations on something as expensive as Hot Toys. Photo below.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
545 Posts
I think you might need to rotate the claw 90 degrees. Looking at mine right now, it's turned from how yours is positioned. It might be keyed to only fit in a certain direction. Mine is securely plugged in and I can't pull it out to check. But you've at least got it in the right spot.

·
1:6 collector
2,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you SwedishHeat! Yes, don't mess with yours if it is all set, just in case it doesn't fit correctly again. I will experiment in a bit, let's see if anyone else has any additional suggestions. Did it take Herculian force to jam it in place?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts