One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm tired of paying big $$$ for the latest helo pilot helmet (HGU56). I would like to commission a couple of dozen. Any recomendations or takers? I would also like to include the MSF (face shield). I have tons of photos and could lay my hands on a helmet for reference.

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
Hey Major Rod, cool project. Hopefully someone gives you more options, but here are a couple off the top of my head.

I don't have their contact info, but run a search for Angie Portman. I believe she is quite adept at making 1/6 pieces, though we haven't seen anything new posted here recently.
Only her commissioned rifles have been posted here though, I think, two such are the bonejack and Spartan Rex' M14. You might want to PM him to pick his brain as well, since he had his prototype produced in some quantity for sale.
She might be booked up though, and there might be a waitlist of months.

I think Callous would also be a good choice, as seen in his HALO MasterChief customs that were also reproduced in a minute quantity. His work looked really detailed, accurate and very crisp and clean--also having connections to those who could mold and recast it for him in good quality.

There are some other guys, but this should get the ball rolling. No offense to you other guys, I have a killer ---- and I'm surprised I could type this up at this point. The only reason its so adequate is because I tried it once before last night but firefox locked up the pc and I went off somewhere.

I've actually always wanted one of these [at one point 4 :p] so it'd be great to have at least one, AND in scale too, as the HT one was always said to be oversized like most else of theirs. Plus the MFS would be a cool bit to have too. Then the only question is to paint it like this..

or like this

I thought I saw a Venom one before but can't find it at this moment, and it seems they keep the elaborate mouth part only on the bottom region of the facial shield itself.

Good luck on everything and please keep us posted.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Saiko

Appreciate you taking the time to help. I've got quite a few clients looking for stuff especially the nightstalkers doing an exercise here at Benning with the Rangers. There's just not enough out there for the demand.

I will search for Angie. Callous was too busy when I asked as his HALO work is incredibly impressive.

I will also check with Rex for any leads/pointers.

If anyone else comes to mind let me know.

GREAT photos!

I owe you one.

Will

·
Registered
10 Posts
Guess there aren't that many "master modelers" out there.

Given the fact (I don't know) that this may be a cast similar to a fishbowl, it will also be past the range of most basic casters, as well.

If I were a "master modeler", and had any resemblance of extra 1/6 time these days, I may have considered it. Like so many others, I didn't even make saiko's list.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thanks LG2. I'm trying to keep this thread in the forefront for at least this weekend. I'm counting on the fact that most folks don't look at OSW daily. I'm hoping to get the most visibility as a "weekend" thread and hopefully create as many leads as possible to get this done.

Put the word out folks if you know someone who can pull this off.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Last Bump

Thanks OSW staff for the soapbox.

Last shout from my end folks before I try and make this a reality. If it comes to fruition I will be checking for interest for those that may be interested in ordering.

·
I've been Minimoyzed
14,118 Posts
That helmet looks almost like the helmet from the Apache driver that BBI made a few years ago, sans face shield. Saw a Mcfarlane's Miniature door gunner with a minigun and that helmet in the pic above.

Since I am getting spooled up to do a 160th SOAR Little Bird with pilots, that helmet is something I most likely will be after too. I'll try my best to give a hand Major.rod

·
I've been Minimoyzed
14,118 Posts
Maybe if we did a recast of the Hot Toys SOAR figures helmets. They have full gear, NVG and mounts, and battery packs, and detail would be OK. Not a fan of recasting, but that could be an option. Those 2 figures are so hard to find, and loose gear from them now is rare, so I wouldn't feel too bad.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Maybe if we did a recast of the Hot Toys SOAR figures helmets. They have full gear, NVG and mounts, and battery packs, and detail would be OK. Not a fan of recasting, but that could be an option. Those 2 figures are so hard to find, and loose gear from them now is rare, so I wouldn't feel too bad.
The M3T Halo helmet would work as well but the are getting rare to find loose....just a suggestion

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Good ideas

I was thinking recast on the Hot Toys but don't want to get into the proprietary issues. If someone (cdn rhino) out there does it though I will buy it if I feel the quality is close enough. You know I've asked HT several times and even offered to buy 50 but they won't recast it. LG2, thanks for the offer. May revisit in the future.

In the meantime I've got three potential sources and will run each down. I'm also speaking with a manufacturer out there and trying to sell them on a modern pilot/aircrew. I have several sources for the latest airwarrior gear.

The BBI Apache pilot helmet isn't close enough for my purposes and is getting almost as rare. I must not have seen the Master Chief helmet mentioned because all the ones I've seen have a visor or are 1/12.

Thanks for all the help guys. If someone comes across something let me know. I will pop a star cluster if I get something solid.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts