One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Banned
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow members of the one sixth, I was wondering if any of you painters out there have any good advice or links for painting eyes on a headsculpt.

I've searched around, but I find nothing but old threads with no pics.

I tried looking at boots tutorial for eyes, but no pics!:sadshake:sadshake:sadshake

So if any of you out there could help me out PLEASE do so, I'd really appreciate it.

Tryin' move a step forward, ya know?

-Eric

·
Space Monkey
2,315 Posts
Good timing, I just realised I need some help real bad in this dept. :help
I think I'm going to try to use oil paints rather then acrylic. When I use acrylic, the paint dries way too fast. I think setting aside a few heads and working on them slowly with oils may be the best answer, but what do I know? :knock

·
Registered
487 Posts
Here is a breakdown on eye colours and anatomy for people making artificial eyes. It is a very useful guide to realistic eye patterns.(or however close you can get in 1/6th.)

Attachments

·
OSW Admin staff
5,758 Posts
If you goggle "eyes" or pictures of eyes you will find a lot of really nice reference pics to use. As for the actual application to archive life like results, well...that will take a lot of practice and experimentation.

·
Social Misfit
1,355 Posts
Whoa...
They look trippy..
Im sure they can help for color reference.

Thank you.

Oh also, would I get better results if I use enamels instead of acrylics?
For the most part, enamels don't dry that well on headsculpts....either they stay semi-wet or the eat through the paint underneath....

·
Banned
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
For the most part, enamels don't dry that well on headsculpts....either they stay semi-wet or the eat through the paint underneath....
DAmn... so I just wasted money on some enamels..

So could the eyes on JC hong's Joker actually be painted with acrylics?

Damn man...

The acrylics I use, once dry are too dull and dry-like...

What paints can I use to capture this look on eyes?

Or what color browns should I use?

Damn this really frustrates me.
:doh

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.