One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I just bought the Charles "Blackie" Black figure the other day and since then I haven't been able to apply his equipment correctly.

I dont know how to put on the shovel and the water bottle.

So if any of you could help me out here please, I'd really really appreciate it.

Thank you.

Reagards, Eric.

·
Inspector 12
3,419 Posts
Good site, Ty. My step-grandfather was an RSM in the Green Howards. He was called Harry 'Squeaker' Bennett, because his voice used to crack when giving orders on the parade ground.
That gave me a little chuckle, David. We think of RSMs being gruff and tough old salts with deep and booming voices. Not that your step-grandad wasn't gruff and tough of course... :)

·
The Mighty Boosh
8,425 Posts
That gave me a little chuckle, David. We think of RSMs being gruff and tough old salts with deep and booming voices. Not that your step-grandad wasn't gruff and tough of course... :)
:lol

He was an interesting old boy and I wish I knew more about his service. He joined as a boy soldier at 15, missed WW1 but did time in Ireland on bicycle patrols. He also served in the NW Frontier (Khyber Pass etc.,). He did 20 years in the Army, retired, then did 25 in the Police.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Good site, Ty. My step-grandfather was an RSM in the Green Howards. He was called Harry 'Squeaker' Bennett, because his voice used to crack when giving orders on the parade ground.
Drill commands are given in two parts, the cautionary and then the executive. I've noticed that an idiosyncrasy of the British army is that the executive is usually given in a higher pitch.

An old RSM of mine swore that a good tot of port before a parade was the best thing to loosen the vocal chords .. problem was not overdoing it!

·
Inspector 12
3,419 Posts
Drill commands are given in two parts, the cautionary and then the executive. I've noticed that an idiosyncrasy of the British army is that the executive is usually given in a higher pitch.

An old RSM of mine swore that a good tot of port before a parade was the best thing to loosen the vocal chords .. problem was not overdoing it!
Nah... they'd never overly partake in spirits. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.